We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cebu City to Bohol transit

nh
Level Contributor
77 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Cebu City to Bohol transit

We were hoping to catch a flight from Cebu City to Tagbilaran via cebu Pacific or PAL. It appears that nobody flies direct from Cebu to Bohol. Am I missing something?

I know it would be a very short flight and maybe there's no money to be made, but I would think one of the regional airlines would have a puddle jumper. Maybe not.

So, with that said, we're looking at taking a fastferry. Any preference...Supercat or Ocean Jet?

watford,UK
Level Contributor
474 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cebu City to Bohol transit

there is no flight between bohol and cebu,use fast ferry and it takes around two hours travelling.supercat is quite good.

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cebu City to Bohol transit

www.midseaexpress.com/scheduleflight.php

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cebu City to Bohol transit

I would rather take the ferry as they are more reliable and seevral to choose from.

I remembered reading in the forum that there are reports saying that Midseaexpress may cancel flights.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,549 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cebu City to Bohol transit

The ferry just takes a little less than 2 hours between Cebu and Bohol. Taking a turboprop flight would be at least 2x as expensive than taking a ferry.

Tuscany, Italy
Level Contributor
171 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cebu City to Bohol transit

Hi, just did the trip by ferry-took the ocean jet in business class very comfortable and new seats-the A. C is always too strong so be prepared to take a sweater! We paid 1000 php one way-plus for the bags -they wanted 200 php for 2 bags-we finally only paid 100 .. We are senior citizen but they only give the discount to the locals !!!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cebu City to Bohol transit

supercat....the way to go. have taken it . kid friendly

London
Level Contributor
42 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cebu City to Bohol transit

Cebu and Tagbilaran are so close - it is ridiculous to take a flight for this. Everyone take the fast (CAT) ferry from Cebu to Tagbilaran - it takes just 2 hours.

Antipolo City...
Level Contributor
24 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cebu City to Bohol transit

Hi Guys! Can anyone help me. Which is more economical? Take a package tour (inclusive of Ferry and Bohol day tour) or book a separate day tour package and ticket for Ferry? Can anyone suggest the safest Ferry company who travels from Cebu-Bohol and back? Can you give me any idea how much is the rate for the Ferry? Thank you in advance! =)

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,549 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cebu City to Bohol transit

How much is the package tour? In general booking a do-it-yourself tour is cheaper but not all the time. I don't know about the statistics on the safety of those ferries but I always book Oceanjet and Supercat. If you want the actual fare rather than estimate you may visit the respective web sites of those ferry companies.

Antipolo City...
Level Contributor
24 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cebu City to Bohol transit

Thank you Kegler! The The tour package with SuperCat Package is Php2,850.00 while the Bohol Island Countryside Day Tour is Php1,350.00 (without Ferry fare).

Get answers to your questions about Bohol Island