We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the best way to get to Panglao Island from Cebu!

Seoul, Seoul, South...
6 posts
Save Topic
What's the best way to get to Panglao Island from Cebu!

Hi, it is our first time in the Philippines and we were thinking Panglao!

We want to enjoy snorkeling and the nice beaches!

I wonder what is the best way to get there from Cebu!

I read a lot about it but i would like you to help me with your experience.

What's the best way to get to Panglao?

How to get from Tagbilaran to The island or is there a way directly to the island?

What would be the average cost?

Thanks a lot.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,008 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the best way to get to Panglao Island from Cebu!

The best and most expensive is to charter a Cessna plane to Tagbilaran then ask your hotel for an airport pick-up.

Other than what you have read about fast ferries to Tagbilaran then taxi to Panglao, there's no other convenient way which is not that super expensive. I'm sure all you have read points you to that option about fast ferries.

Edited: 20 May 2013, 10:23
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the best way to get to Panglao Island from Cebu!

Since you have read a lot then by now I believe you are aware that the most economical way is to take a fast ferry from Cebu to Bohol and then a trike ride to Panglao.

This is a similar advice given in #1.

A trike from Tagbilaran to Alona beach should be around P250.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
452 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's the best way to get to Panglao Island from Cebu!

Panglao is an island but is very very near to Tagbilaran and the main island of Bohol, the water between the two is just a long shallow lagoon. It is connected by two separate roads crossing the lagoon so going to Panglao is the same as going to any other place in Bohol.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,010 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's the best way to get to Panglao Island from Cebu!

There is a whole flotilla of boats travelling between the island of Cebu and the island of Bohol.

Most foreigners travel there by fast ferry.

There are 3 fast ferry companies travelling between Cebu City and Tagbilaran Bohol. My favourite is Supercat.

http://supercat.ph/

The website shows P530 per person one way. You may be able to get slightly cheaper with the others

You can see a video here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5MMr4_XywI

Panglao island is joined to Bohol by a causeway. So you can drive there from Tagbilaran City. When you land at the pier in Tagbilaran, there will be a whole bunch of van drivers waiting to take you away. The cost of a van to Alona Beach on Panglao Island is about P500. That is not per person. that is for your group and includes fuel and driver.

Seoul, Seoul, South...
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What's the best way to get to Panglao Island from Cebu!

Thanks a lot guys!

Seoul, Seoul, South...
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What's the best way to get to Panglao Island from Cebu!

thanks.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,008 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What's the best way to get to Panglao Island from Cebu!

Taxi would be about Php400 (or double the meter fare of Php200) but it can only take up to 4 passengers.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What's the best way to get to Panglao Island from Cebu!

By the way, the so called taxi are all private transfer. Meaning there is no official taxi that I know of like Manila or Cebu. All drivers uses their own car to do the transfer.

Keg, please correct me if I am wrong.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,008 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What's the best way to get to Panglao Island from Cebu!

There are "metered" taxis in Tagbilaran but they will only be willing to use the meter for destinations within the city. For destinations outside the city they will be willing to use the meter but you have to double the fare. The last time I used a taxi from a mall in Tagbilaran to Amarela Resort the meter showed a fare of Php180+ so I gave him Php400

Edited: 21 May 2013, 06:07
ronnie222
Level Contributor
16 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What's the best way to get to Panglao Island from Cebu!

Just remember if you take taxi to Pahglao from the port, the ride is about 20-30 mins. Take all you need or think you'll need. If you want to exchange money there at any of the resorts...it's very expensive.

Also, if you want to go back to Bahol for a day of sightseeing or shopping you will have to pay the cab from town to the resort if there is not one waiting.