We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diapers and Kids stuff

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Diapers and Kids stuff

Hello, we are travelling to Boracay on Easter with our 3 children under the age of 4. I would like to know if it's easy to find baby stuff like diapers, wet wipes, baby food at the supermarket near DMall. We are staying at 7stones apartments and we need something close by to go to everyday also for grocery shopping....

Thanks

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,695 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diapers and Kids stuff

I would advice you to bring your own despite Boracay do have such items.

One reason is availability. Secondly it may not have the brands that you wanted.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
14,657 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diapers and Kids stuff

mouse is correct...here today, gone tomorrow off the shelves espciallly during holy week,one of the the busier weeks of the year.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Diapers and Kids stuff

Thanks but I cannot carry diapers for 3 kids for 10 days baggage allowance is only 10kg per person... Actually we are coming after Easter (the 4th) does that make a difference?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
14,657 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Diapers and Kids stuff

the 4th is part of holy week....I think you will be okay with diapers, but for special milk or baby food, you may not be able to find., just dont depend on it, even thuogh it may be there. All of this depends on how fussy or sensitive or allergic your children are. The diapers and wet wipes may be okay, not same brand. Try crafts and Budget mart..just two of many. What is the name of your baby food and diapers, if I am in the area, I will check.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Diapers and Kids stuff

Craft's Department Store & Budget Mart at the mall stock diapers and a limited selection of baby food. 24-7 Quick Mart and Price Lite are other options, along with some of the smaller local stores. Baby food may become unavailable as stocks are already limited. If that happens you may be reduced to pureeing things in a blender as some of my friends do.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Diapers and Kids stuff

Thank you all very much for the answers!

I basically need wet wipes and diapers (any brand) and maybe some jars (not necessarily they use it as a snack, i will make fresh fruit juice) so I'm relieved! They all drink fresh milk so no prob with that!

Again thanks a lot

Rebecca

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Diapers and Kids stuff

Fresh milk is not common in Boracay. Mostly long-life UHT milk is on sale here, no guarantee you can find real fresh milk.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
14,657 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Diapers and Kids stuff

no fresh milk....but if you want to step over the dietary line, add a bit of chocolate to the UHT, that will work for them. Many cant tell the difference.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Diapers and Kids stuff

There are flavoured milk products readily available for kids, many of which are fortified with vitamins and extra calcium, but may well be loaded with sugar so read the labels.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Diapers and Kids stuff

UHT milk will do the job for 10 days! How about plain yoghurt then? Can I find some?

Thank you very much