We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where/How to hire Van for transfer to Malaps. and Moalboal?

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
629 posts
17 reviews
Where/How to hire Van for transfer to Malaps. and Moalboal?

I have been reading and doing research

I know I can take a bus from North and South Bus terminal to destination

I know I can rent a private driver for up to 3000 pesos or more

But from reading some of the past topics, I also understand you can hire a Van and this option is slightly more expensive than a bus...I think

I do not mind taking a bus or private driver (if needed), but curious about van hire

How do I hire a van from Cebu City?

Can hotel accommodate this?

Average cost of van hire to Malaps. from Cebu City?

Average cost of van hire to Moalboal from Cebu City?

Thank you

6 replies to this topic
Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
5,595 posts
29 reviews
1. Re: Where/How to hire Van for transfer to Malaps. and Moalboal?

If you do a search for the recommended drivers then they will more likely have a van or a van plus a car or know someone who does if they don't or are npbooked up

melbourne
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
62 reviews
2. Re: Where/How to hire Van for transfer to Malaps. and Moalboal?

Vhire terminals are discussed in this thread

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g29…

If you enter the term "Vhire" in the search box (above & below) you will find more threads on that subject

Leyte Island...
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
12,156 posts
53 reviews
3. Re: Where/How to hire Van for transfer to Malaps. and Moalboal?

A v-hire is a van into which in your country you might put 9 or 10 passengers plus a driver. In the Philippines, they will squeeze in as many as they can. My worst trip travelling from maya to Cebu City, there were 17 adult passengers, 2 children, the driver and the conductor.

If you want a comfortable ride, pay for 2 seats. Then it doesn't matter how many passengers there are. What I now do is pay for the 2 left hand seats in the last row and then get in and out through the rear cargo door. I place my luggage against the wall and use it to lean on or as a small table for things such as a bottle of water.

To catch a v-hire to Maya, go to the Cebu North Bus Terminal.

To catch a v-hire to Moalboal, go to the v-hire terminal opposite the University of San Carlos on Junquera St in Downtown Cebu City.

I have never caught a v-hire going south although I have walked past the v-hire terminal multiple times as I stay close by.

But I have caught a v-hire between Maya and Cebu City multiple times.

To find the v-hire for Maya at the Cebu North Bus Terminal, look for Daanbantayan. Maya and Malapascua are part of Daanbantayan. The last time I travelled to Maya, the v-hire cost P200 per person. The big advantage of a v-hire over a bus is that it makes less stops so can do the trip to Maya in about an hour less than a bus. The v-hire will go right to the pier at Maya where you catch the boat to Malapascua. And will depart from there travelling back to Cebu City. When you get back to Cebu City, they will give you the option of getting off at the Cebu North Bus terminal or continuing onto SM City Mall. I stay on until I get to the mall.

Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
5,595 posts
29 reviews
4. Re: Where/How to hire Van for transfer to Malaps. and Moalboal?

Yes some confusion with mye earlier answer.

As someone over 5'2 or 155 cms I find v hire a nightmare, IfI could tuck my knees under my chin for a few hours in three quarters of a seat and the seat in front the width of my hand in front then they would be ok , having aircon that works also helps.

The bad news about buses is they stop for a comfort break and the drivers tend to drive at safer speeds, there is more space and if tall you can stretch a leg into the aisle

Leyte Island...
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
12,156 posts
53 reviews
5. Re: Where/How to hire Van for transfer to Malaps. and Moalboal?

As someone over 5'2 or 155 cms I find v hire a nightmare, IfI could tuck my knees under my chin for a few hours in three quarters of a seat and the seat in front the width of my hand in front then they would be ok

------------------------------

It depends where you sit.

If in the front of the van with the driver, you can stretch out as you would in any car.

I find I can't get comfortable at all in the row behind the driver. There is plenty of space but not for the feet.

One of the last seats to be filled is the right hand seat in the front row as they keep having to put it up and down to let passengers in and out. If you have the seat behind that seat, you can completely stretch out when no one is sitting in front of you.

I am nearly 6 foot tall. I am quite happy in the last row. My knees reach the seat in front but with no one beside me, I can move my self around to get multiple comfortable seating positions.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
629 posts
17 reviews
6. Re: Where/How to hire Van for transfer to Malaps. and Moalboal?

thank you all

Reply to: Where/How to hire Van for transfer to Malaps. and Moalboal?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted