We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Singapore to Penang

St. John
Level Contributor
111 posts
8 reviews
Bus from Singapore to Penang

I am trying to buy a ticket online with Aerolines and when I go to the website, I do not see a Singapore to Penang option. Can anybody suggest and alternate recommended bus company who travels from Sing. to Penang?

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,330 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Bus from Singapore to Penang

Just thinking out loud: do you want to sit in a coach for 9-10 hours, and a dreary landscape ?

I did a Google search:

www.journeymalaysia.com/ptasingpenang.htm

Whangarei, New...
Level Contributor
790 posts
27 reviews
2. Re: Bus from Singapore to Penang

There are many options, for both bus and train, each a very long day. the link will help

travelmalaysiaguide.com/transtar-travel-expr…

Personally i would fly.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
121 reviews
3. Re: Bus from Singapore to Penang

Why take a bus when you can fly for less money!?

SIN- Penang is a much longer journey vs SIN-KL, so the benefits of flying for this route is significantly more.

St. John
Level Contributor
111 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: Bus from Singapore to Penang

Thks for all the links. Like everyone is suggesting, I will fly. Checked Tiger and there is a morning flight for 59SD on the date I want to depart. Need an Aus debit or credit card to book. As I reside US, I am lucky to have father in Aus. to buy this for me.

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: Bus from Singapore to Penang

Hi there, I think you still be able to buy it from anywhere you are as long as you have valid credit card. www.tigerairways.com.sg other flight that fly to penang from Singapore is jetstar (www.jetstarasia.com), silk air (www.silkair.com.sg), and Malaysia Airlines.

St. John
Level Contributor
111 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: Bus from Singapore to Penang

Thanks, I checked all 3 sites and Tiger is the cheapest - no frills, of course, and it looks like I will have no problem paying with card, as it is the Singapore site, e-mail you gave me, which helped a lot.

7. Re: Bus from Singapore to Penang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 11:30
St. John
Level Contributor
111 posts
8 reviews
8. Re: Bus from Singapore to Penang

Thanks for this link. Am flying by Tiger from Sing. to Penang but it will come in handy for the rest of my coach trips within Malaysia.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
91 reviews
9. Re: Bus from Singapore to Penang

Hi

Airasia also fly this sector

Singapore -Penang

http://www.airasia.com/site/my/en/home.jsp

Cheers

singapore
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
10. Re: Bus from Singapore to Penang

i've done this route on bus many times before.

It is definitely tiring (12 hrs).

However do consider the extra cost you'll have to pay when getting a cab from penang airport to get into georgetown (relatively far apart).

expect to be extorted!