We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Power adapter

San Diego...
Level Contributor
254 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Power adapter

Hello,

This completely slipped out of my mind.

does anyone know if I can pick up a power adapter from any local store (walmart, target etc.) so that I can use my chargers in Peru?

Thanks.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,530 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Power adapter

Check yr charges, now most are good for both 110 to 220 volts and you will not require an adapter.

If not, you can get an adapter at any ACE or Travel shops in the USA.

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
Level Contributor
6,182 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Power adapter

Or at the airport shops while you are waiting for your flight to Peru.

We only needed round plug adapter (European type, 2-prong). Did not need power convertor for iPod, Bose headphones or Canon camera battery charger.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
28 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Power adapter

According to sources, it seems that Peru uses both the round outlet holes like Europe, and also the flat ones, like in the US. Most electronic devices and many electrical ones are dual voltage. Power in Peru is 220V

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Power adapter

All of the lodgings I stayed at had flat plugs and I didn't need an adapter for my battery or cellphone chargers.

5. Re: Power adapter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2010, 02:19