We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sinchicuy and Tambo Yanayacu Lodges

Virginia
6 posts
Save Topic
Sinchicuy and Tambo Yanayacu Lodges

I have just booked a 4 day/3 night Iquitos jungle tour with Peru Interact and although last year I had a wonderful Cusco tour with them, i do not know very much about the jungle lodge or lodges they suggested to me this year. The thing is that I have a few days to spare after a conference mmeting in Lima and I wanted to experience the Amazon Rainforest in a place where the usual crowds of photo-safari tourists may not be found. So my friends in Peru Interact suggested this 4 day/3 night tour in Iquitos jungle which includes one night stay at the Sinchicuy Lodge and three nights at the Tambo Yanayacu. I first thought of Explorama but I realized that it is more likely to find swarms of 'gringos' at their lodge and resort. I definetely preferred something smaller, quieter, and a guide that could talk to me without shouting and call me by my name. So my expectations are great regarding the lodges I have chosen with the help of the travel agency but I would be glad if someone had some comments about these places too. I should be going to Iquitos in less than a week, so please make your comments fast.

Sandy
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Sinchicuy and Tambo Yanayacu Lodges

I went to Iquitos a couple of years ago and I stayed in Sinchicuy 2 nights. My sister and mom came along too and just as you are we did not know what to expect of a jungle lodge in Peru. It was wonderful! The lodge staff was vey nice, the facilities just like one of those summer camps we went to when we were children, very simple huts but clean, comfortable and safe (cold showers are great in such a hot climate). The food was amazingly delicious, I think I even gained some weight eating fresh river fish, salads, fried bananas and papaya. The place on which the lodge has been sited is surrounded by plants, flowers, palm trees and of course birds and butterflies roaming about. We got to go to the other lodge I believe the one you mentioned Yananacu or something, it was also beautiful, smaller but deeper in the forest. The guide and all the staff were great. So all in all a very nice and fulfilling experience. Trust your travel agent!

Virginia
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sinchicuy and Tambo Yanayacu Lodges

Thanks Marjorine, your comments have brought peace to my concerned mind. Yes, what I want is a crowd-free place where I might be able to sense the jungle life.

3. Re: Sinchicuy and Tambo Yanayacu Lodges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 03:31