We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartment rental prices in Iquitos

Manchester, United...
8 posts
Save Topic
Apartment rental prices in Iquitos

Hi, I just asked a similar question on the Cusco forum but I would like to know about Iquitos as well. Does anyone know the rental prices for an apartment in Iquitos?

Thanks

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartment rental prices in Iquitos

andeantravelweb.com/peru/…index.html

good info

lots of scammers tax evaders touts prices vary hotels better safer

always pay large sums with credit card or risk losing your money.

Manchester, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Apartment rental prices in Iquitos

Thanks. I know Iquitos already as I stayed there in 2004. Things can a bit dodgy in the jungle but I know the score. My friend had a alright apartment in Iquitos but I can't get hold of him easily to ask the price. Hotels are expensive long term, i'm looking for an apartment price if any one knows?

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,624 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apartment rental prices in Iquitos

Whatever you ask, you will get the same answer from Qwovadis.

I do not even think he reads the questions, just tries to write answers to up his contribution count.

Manchester, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Apartment rental prices in Iquitos

Yeah I guessed that by seeing some of his other posts while I was searching the forum ;-)

Chiclayo, Peru
Level Contributor
805 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Apartment rental prices in Iquitos

For something comfortable and safe for 4 people I'd expect to pay at least $400, likely more. Consumer goods are also noticeably more expensive in Iquitos than elsewhere in Peru (and, of course, transport is much more complicated).

Edited: 08 September 2010, 01:27
Lima
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Apartment rental prices in Iquitos

RE: Qwovadis - And without any punctuation.

Edited: 08 September 2010, 16:31
Iquitos, Peru
Level Contributor
35 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Apartment rental prices in Iquitos

I don't agree. I have a friend here right now renting for $225 a month with a fantastic location, a/c cable tv, clean, secure...nice. I rented a house for two different volunteer groups both times for 9 months for $450 a month and it was fabulous, huge, beautiful tile work etc and another for a family for three months downtown $500 but it was huge also and kind of extravagant....You can find something nice for $200...or much less depending on what you require.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Apartment rental prices in Iquitos

when trying to secure a long term deal,play really cool with your bargaining skills.......i'm sure it's possible to get small appartments or flatlets for a lot cheaper than that also......maybe i'm wrong....but it's ALWAYS he who tries,wins!!!/don't go in all brash throwing your dollars around...or you'll be taken for a ride.....

9. Re: Apartment rental prices in Iquitos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2012, 01:16