We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for Lodge and Tour in Iquitos

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
119 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for Lodge and Tour in Iquitos

I have read lots of posts in the forum and it seems the top 3 are

1 - Otorongo Expeditions

2 - Tahuayo Lodge

3 - Amazon Yarapa River Lodge

but I am having a problem to figure out how to contact them and find a good deal with them for 5n/4days.

Any recommendation? tip?

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
119 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for Lodge and Tour in Iquitos

Also do you guys think that 4 and 1/2 day is too much or I should cut it to 3 and 1/2 day. I am arriving on Dec 23rd at 7: PM and will be leaving on 28 at night but can change it to 27th. Trying to figure out how many days is good enough for that aera?

Lima
Level Contributor
523 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for Lodge and Tour in Iquitos

4 days is barely enough I would say since it will take you at least 4 hours to go from Iquitos to any of these lodges and a similar amount of time to return. To contact Tahuayo Lodge (Amazonia Expeditions) email to Dr. Paul Beaver amazonia.expeditions@verizon.net

For emailing to Otorongo Expeditions otorongoexpeditions@gmail.com

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
119 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for Lodge and Tour in Iquitos

Have you been in any of them? I got response from

"Otorongo Expeditions" & "Tahuayo Lodge " as well as Explorama Lodge(http://www.explorama.us/exnapo_4nts.shtml)

The price is pretty close so I am still researching on what to choose.

Is there a big difference? Location wise and service wise?

Lexington, KY
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for Lodge and Tour in Iquitos

If you have not already made a decision, Chullachaqui Lodge is very nice, has been renovated and new buildings added. Rustic, but very comfortable, good food, good guides. This time of year is good for seeing the pink and gray river dolphins.

You won't be disappointed with this lodge. The rates are very reasonable. You can take a look on www.amazoniantrips.com. There is also a facebook page Amazonian Trips - Chullachaqui Lodge. Once you are there you will find there is never enough time. Given the choice I would go for 4 days - 3 nights or more!!

Lima
Level Contributor
523 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for Lodge and Tour in Iquitos

I have been in Tahuayo Lodge a couple of years ago and loved it. it is located approximately 4 hours by motorboat from Iquitos in a still human activity low impact area where you can find Pink Dolphins in the river. Read more about it and certainly about other lodges (you might look at those located near the Pacaya Samiria Reserve too).

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for Lodge and Tour in Iquitos

Otorongo best for me and for most for price check TA reviews carefully

ont the others careful many scammers in Iquitos

www.andeantravelweb.com best non-biased info.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for Lodge and Tour in Iquitos

Usually when you call the phone for Tahuayo, Dr. Beaver answers the phone. He's in Florida most of the time.

Just be aware that you are traveling over the holidays so don't expect a discount.

(800) 262-9669 (Toll free)

8. Re: Looking for Lodge and Tour in Iquitos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2011, 01:24