We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iquitos trip in Dec

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
119 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Iquitos trip in Dec

How is the weather in Dec? I am planning the trip on Dec 23rd - 28th. What to bring? cloth? (for this season)

I am staying in one of the jungle lodges.

Iquitos, Peru
Level Contributor
35 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Iquitos trip in Dec

Yes there are some good guides and simple trips BUT you have to know who is taking you on one of these or there will be surprises. I know a couple jungle guides that are very knowlegeable and just plain "good" guys. One is a husband of our medical director and the other was my chief translator and jungle guide for about 4 years.

If you had an exact date and what you want to do, I could hook you guys up and make sure nobody is taken advantage of (either way) hahahah

I live and work here to serve the people of this community. anything I can do to help those that need the work OR those that will go back home and recommend coming here, is a good thing.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Iquitos trip in Dec

Just saw this again..rubber boots from the lodge I visited are loaned on hikes to protect bringing in disease from the outside that might impact the wildlife like frogs etc...not so sure about the people's feet!!

13. Re: Iquitos trip in Dec

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2012, 01:18