We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights from Iquitos to Cusco

Dublin
Level Contributor
182 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Flights from Iquitos to Cusco

I was looking at Lan's website and am being quoted €400 for a one-way trip to Cusco from Iquitos. Can you buy cheaper flights through local agents, and can anyone recommend one?

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights from Iquitos to Cusco

Try Star Peru, www.starperu.com

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,890 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights from Iquitos to Cusco

See my answer in your other posting...

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g294314-i3023-k4119…

Lima
Level Contributor
523 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights from Iquitos to Cusco

There are no direct Iquitos-Cusco flights, you must go through Lima which actually makes this a Iquitos-Lima-Cusco flight. So I suppose what you ought to be quoted is a Lima-Iquitos-Lima and a Lima-Cusco-Lima. Star Peru R/T fares start approximatrely at US$125 for the first route and US$170 for the second so overall would be US$295 more or less (depending on cheapest rate availability by the time you book and pay).

Iquitos, Peru
Level Contributor
35 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights from Iquitos to Cusco

We used to fly all our groups on LAN but they got way to expensive.

We used to be able to buy all the tickets locally and get the "Peruvian" rate. Now we have to pay US rates even though the groups are coming to volunteer here in Iquitos and spend thousands of dollars here in THIS country.

We use Peruvian Airlines now. You can change a ticket date or time with NO penalty and up to a few minutes before the scheduled flight. Two thumbs up for Peruvian Air.....Shame on LAN

The problem is leaving Iquitos in the morning you can't get to Cusco in the same day unless you fly LAN. We leave the night before. Stay in a great little (cheap) hotel 6 minutes from the airport, fly out first thing in the a.m. on Peruvian or Star AND still it is way cheaper than LAN connection flight Iqutios-Lima-Cusco

Newport, Rhode...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights from Iquitos to Cusco

Iquitosman - What is the name of the hotel near LIM airport that you recommend? Thanks!

Iquitos, Peru
Level Contributor
35 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights from Iquitos to Cusco

The Hotel is Pay Purix. It was a funky little Backpacker type hotel with private rooms and some game areas etc. Laterally six minutes from the airport. It was so close that when they pulled up in front of it I thought, "Gee, I should have walked. Google it and it will come up. don't have the phone number in front of me, but they will come get you in a taxi (outside the airport gates so they don't have to charge so much) So, it is like a three minute walk out the parking lot of the airport then 6 minutes drive to the hotel. Clean, safe, secure. We have used it for 4 groups already.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
128 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights from Iquitos to Cusco

I am not sure if that helps but I included my domestic flights into my international itinarary and I ended up paying much less vs. booking them seperatly. I booked it with AA. Cusco - Lima-Iquitoes was part of my overal flights. I bet the other way is possible too.

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Flights from Iquitos to Cusco

Peruvian Airlines is having cheaper deals currently.

Just google Peruvian Airlines ... i am pretty proud of their job!

9. Re: Flights from Iquitos to Cusco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2012, 01:16