We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help - we need a jungle tour!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
167 reviews
Save Topic
Help - we need a jungle tour!

My boyfriend and I are going to Iquitos from 17 to 22 July and have max $400 each to spend on a jungle tour/lodge for a five day and four night trip. Has anyone used any good companies recently? We are more interested in adventure than luxury. Thanks in advance.

Angels Amazon Adventures
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Latitud Sur
Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Lima, Peru
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help - we need a jungle tour!

Hello how are you Lodge in Iquitos, there are many tell me to mail you the details I can pass away,

regards

2. Re: Help - we need a jungle tour!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2011, 10:36
Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
37 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help - we need a jungle tour!

We stayed at the Explorama Lodges - they have a couple different lodges at varying price levels. We stayed at Ceiba Tops (the "luxury" lodge - it had A/C and a pool), but we visited all of them throughout our trip and they were all pretty nice. Each group is assigned their own guide who stays with you the entire time. Our guide was great - very personable, knowledgeable and flexible. Definitely saw some amazing things! I would highly recommend Explorama!

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help - we need a jungle tour!

Explorama has very experienced guides, but they are probably out of your price range. They seem to cater to the older less Adventurous tourist.

I would recommend stopping by the tourism agency kiosk at the Iquitos airport (or in Iquitos on the waterfront) and get a list of approved guides. There are lots of scammers and this isn't the place to take a risk.

You can also check www.andeantravelweb.com and call some of their recommended lodges. If you call direct ask for a discount.

Edited: 16 July 2011, 13:17
california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help - we need a jungle tour!

You can check with I-Peru (promperu) and see if there are complaints about any company.

iperu@promperu.gob.pe

You can also browse this website for registered operators

turismoperu.info/0/…

The above poster (who posted twice) is not the same as the registered agency www.amazonexplorer.com

Just a wild guess they are trying to clone off of their reputation?

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help - we need a jungle tour!

Thanks so much for all your help. We have decided to go for company called Cumaceba Lodge which was in Lonely Planet and had good reviews on tripadvisor and lonely planet forum so I will let you know how we get on!

Iquitos, Peru
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help - we need a jungle tour!

Hi. How was you trip in the Peruvian Amazon?

8. Re: Help - we need a jungle tour!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2012, 05:22