We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another Lima hotel question!

London
Level Contributor
105 posts
74 reviews
Another Lima hotel question!

My husband and I are touring Peru in early May. The group stays in the Casa Andina Select the first night. We're arriving 4 nights before the official meet to spend some time exploring Lima by ourselves and er....visiting all the amazing restaurants!

Our decision is whether to book ourselves into the Casa Andina Select from our arrival - it's relatively cheap and means we don't have to move (but we're aware it's a tour group friendly corporate hotel); or whether to book ourselves somewhere a bit more individual/special for the first few nights then move.

We're not interested in business facilities etc but if we spent the extra money we'd be looking for a lovely comfortable room, nice bar for pisco sours etc. Thinking that the Belmond is a bit pricey and over the top for what we want - and assuming that the Hilton/Westin/Marriott are a bit corporate. Can't decide whether to splash out for Hotel B/Atemporal/Country Club in order to experience something unique, or whether to save the money/hassle and stick with the Casa Andina Select.

Would love any thoughts on this!

3 replies to this topic
Houston, texas, USA
Level Contributor
4,371 posts
789 reviews
1. Re: Another Lima hotel question!

While i loved the Country Club Lima Hotel if I were you would only switch from your present choice, which I have not stayed at, to experence a different area of the city I wanted to explore on foot.

London
Destination Expert
for Salta
Level Contributor
4,126 posts
293 reviews
2. Re: Another Lima hotel question!

Whenever we are in Lima we usually stay in Barranco, either renting an apartment or, if for a few days at 3B Barranco, a small B&B. We haven’t stayed in http://www.hotelb.pe but have visited for drinks. It is a lovely place and I would not hesitate to stay there. A couple of levels above Casa Andina, which is clearly reflected in its room rates.

Barranco itself has a villagey type vibe, a little bohemian with lots of artists, Street art/graffiti, plenty of great bars and restaurants within a few minutes of the hotel. Safe and easy access to Miraflores ( The Larcomar Centre is a 15 min walk, Parque Kennedy is a bit further)

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,958 posts
538 reviews
3. Re: Another Lima hotel question!

Stick to Casa Andina

Reply to: Another Lima hotel question!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted