We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Procession of the Lord of Miracles 2013

Singapore
Level Contributor
96 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Procession of the Lord of Miracles 2013

hello,

I've read on several websites about the Procession of the Lord of Miracles & is really interested to be in Lima to experience the atmosphere. I've read that the parades are on 18th, 27th and 28th October. Would these dates be accurate for 2013? Not sure if the Processions are fixed on dates, or days of the month.

Alex

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,487 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Procession of the Lord of Miracles 2013

Yep, the procesions are by dates every year.

Its really amazing to watch it.

Singapore
Level Contributor
96 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Procession of the Lord of Miracles 2013

awesome. would you know which areas i should base myself to observe/participate in the parade?

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,487 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Procession of the Lord of Miracles 2013

What I did last time was to park at the Sheraton hotel and then walk to Avenida Alfonso Ugarte. This I did in the afternoon. Its about a ten block walk but the whole area is full of interesting vendors and other.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Procession of the Lord of Miracles 2013

Last year I went October 7, which was the procession from the Cathedral to the Nazarenes. Map is here

arzobispadodelima.org/senordelosmilagros/201…

I took the Metropolitano to the Estacion Central which is near the Sheraton.

The Lord walks very slowly. It's interesting to walk around and look at the flower designs in the street, and the different groups that participate.

You can check this website and see if they update for 2013, and see the routes for each of the "recorridos".

www.arzobispadodelima.org/index.php…

Edited: 03 August 2013, 11:48
Lima, Lima, Peru
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Procession of the Lord of Miracles 2013

Not to be disrespectful but its not a PARADE, it's a PROCESION which means that the whole experience is deeply rooted in our Christian Faith we sometimes walk for more than 12 hours straight to show our love and appreciation, you see really desperate cases asking for a miracle and the strength to keep on going when everything else seems to have failed, please choose your words wisely. God Bless.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,487 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Procession of the Lord of Miracles 2013

I went to the procesion today and found them in Av. Jorge Chavez in Brena, very crowded and could not get close to the image, a pity as I was showing the whole happening to my daughter and son in law for their first time.

Will probably try again on Friday the 1st November but will do it in Av.Alfonso Ugarte which is much wider and safer.

7. Re: Procession of the Lord of Miracles 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2014, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Lima