We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Machu Picchu Tour Companies

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
18 posts
54 reviews
Machu Picchu Tour Companies

I would like to find a tour company for a trip this summer that:

A. is family friendly (teens are 13 & 15)

B. takes the Inca Rail train to Machu Picchu and

C. spends a night at the Sanctuary Lodge.

We will have already been to Galapagos so just the one country is necessary. Any ideas?

5 replies to this topic
1. Re: Machu Picchu Tour Companies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2018, 09:43

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
18,010 posts
118 reviews
2. Re: Machu Picchu Tour Companies

This would also be a very easy trip to do on your own. No need for a tour company.

Birmingham, Alabama
4 posts
1 review
3. Re: Machu Picchu Tour Companies

Do you have to have a tour guide (I guess different from a tour company) to go to Machu Picchu? I think I read that somewhere and am hoping to confirm. Would very much appreciate any tips on lining up a tour guide if that is required. Thanks.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
18,010 posts
118 reviews
4. Re: Machu Picchu Tour Companies

You need a guide to walk around MP but you can hire one at the entrance. You don’t need to do the whole thing through a tour company. If you hike the Inca trail to Mp, you need a tour company for that.

Birmingham, Alabama
4 posts
1 review
5. Re: Machu Picchu Tour Companies

Perfect info. Thanks!

Reply to: Machu Picchu Tour Companies
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted