We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inca Trail to Machu Picchu - ticket and guide booking

Ottawa
Level Contributor
111 posts
16 reviews
Inca Trail to Machu Picchu - ticket and guide booking

My wife and I wish to arrive at Machu Picchu on April 30th at dawn for my 50th birthday. So we would need to start the 4-day hike on the 27th.

I went on the ticket site and found that tickets are available for april 27th, but none for the 30th. Are the date on the calendar for arriving in Machu Picchu or starting the trail (Q1)?

Also, do we need to purchase the trail ticket first, then find a tour/guide to take us(Q2)? or do we just go with the information, and get a guide/tour agency to book for us before all are gone(Q3)?

Also, we wish to hike Huayna Picchu? will we have time to visit the site and do the climb in the same day we return to Cusco or do we need to add an extra day(Q4)?

Thank you for prompt answer.

11. Re: Inca Trail to Machu Picchu - ticket and guide booking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2013, 05:19