We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inca Quarry Trail Peru

Toronto
2 posts
Inca Quarry Trail Peru

Has anyone been on the "Inca Quarry Trail" that Intrepid Travel has as an alternative to the "Inca Trail"?

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,948 posts
538 reviews
1. Re: Inca Quarry Trail Peru

Check this for info on alternate treks :

www.andeantravelweb.com/peru/treks/index.html

Brisbane
Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Inca Quarry Trail Peru

I've just returned from the Inca Quarry Trail (mid-April 2012). I've posted my review in the Cusco forum, see link below:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294314-i3023-k541…

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
12 posts
55 reviews
3. Re: Inca Quarry Trail Peru

Just returned from a month in peru & have to say the quarry trail was highlight. Highly challenging (you will need your walking sticks), fab views, great people & food amazing but the thing that we had over the inca trail was that instead of 500 people hiking it was just 7 on the mountain which made it a really special experience. Loved every exhausing minute of it!

aarhus
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Inca Quarry Trail Peru

Hi I went on quarry trail with geckos last month. Loved it and only met 2 farming families with children the whole trip so our 6 strong group with 6 porters/cooks- was alone and I have amazing photos- you have horses on the quarry trail where as on the inca trail each group has up to 20 porters. I heard from friends the inca trail was really busy but they do have the advantage of walking into machu picchu. My friends booked in november for july! I booked in apri for quarry trail. l was really happy with the quarry trail and used one stick to come down after reaching 4550m, we also went higher than inca trail and had no steps! they have lots. the limit for inca trail is I believe 500 people a day that is that is only 200 trekkers then plus porters and guides!!

5. Re: Inca Quarry Trail Peru

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2014, 02:17