We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Purchasing Machu Picchu bus tickets on-line

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
5,101 posts
135 reviews
Purchasing Machu Picchu bus tickets on-line

It would appear that Consettur is now going to allow people to purchase their Machu Picchu shuttle bus tickets on-line. Currently you can select a date up to 30 days in advance and input your passenger information, then pay and print your tickets. Here is a link to their site and it would be nice to hear comments from anyone that actually tries it. http://www.consettur.com/

31 replies to this topic
Indiana
Level Contributor
351 posts
201 reviews
1. Re: Purchasing Machu Picchu bus tickets on-line

Thank you very much for the link. I tried to buy it just now but you can only buy adult tickets. We are traveling with our kids 13 & 9 and it only has an option of age 11 & up. So will wait and buy it when we arrive in AC in 2 weeks.

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
5,101 posts
135 reviews
2. Re: Purchasing Machu Picchu bus tickets on-line

Thanks for the update, I didn't think to check and see which tickets were purchasable.

Indiana
Level Contributor
351 posts
201 reviews
3. Re: Purchasing Machu Picchu bus tickets on-line

I wouldn't mind paying the adult price for the 9 year old but it asks for age along with passport info so decided to not continue as the age would be listed wrong. But I appreciate all the helpful info you provide.

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
13 posts
109 reviews
4. Re: Purchasing Machu Picchu bus tickets on-line

The convenience of buying Consettur online is minimal. Unlike train tickets and mapi entrance tickets, they are freely available. I wouldn't sacrifice a child discount when it's just as convenient to pick them up while you are waiting in the line in Aguas.

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
5,101 posts
135 reviews
5. Re: Purchasing Machu Picchu bus tickets on-line

The convenience of buying on line really depends on someones itinerary, I have seen reports of people waiting in line for over 1/2 hour, purchasing them on line would help to eliminate this, especially for a single traveler. I do agree though that it is not worth sacrificing the child discount, depending on your itinerary it would be possible to get them in Cusco or even in AC the day before, if you arrive before the office closes. Additionally as you are a family one of you could stand in line to get the tickets with the kids, while the other stands in line for the bus, this could also save time.

Indiana
Level Contributor
351 posts
201 reviews
6. Re: Purchasing Machu Picchu bus tickets on-line

We are doing a day trip to MP from Urubamba and if I can avoid standing in the line with every one else getting off of the train, $12 difference between adult and kids ticket is worth it for me. But glad to hear that we could be in line for the bus and one of us can go get the tickets. Advance purchase is great for people like me who don't mind planning ahead to have a relaxing vacation.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
17,881 posts
118 reviews
7. Re: Purchasing Machu Picchu bus tickets on-line

I think it depends on the time you arrive. The only time we saw any line at the bus station was first thing in the morning.We arrived mid day and there was no line to buy tickets. That night when we came back and there was no line to buy tickets. The next morning there was a big line to get on the bus. Later that day, again, there was no line to buy bus tickets.

Indiana
Level Contributor
351 posts
201 reviews
8. Re: Purchasing Machu Picchu bus tickets on-line

We are arriving AC @9:30 and departing @3:40. Hopefully, lines wouldn't be too long but it'll be what it'll be. Counting down the days now!!

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
5,101 posts
135 reviews
9. Re: Purchasing Machu Picchu bus tickets on-line

Not likely to be much line then, I usually enter around 9 or 10 and there has never been much of a line then. Like Wes said, the biggest lines are first thing in the morning.

Indiana
Level Contributor
351 posts
201 reviews
10. Re: Purchasing Machu Picchu bus tickets on-line

Great news! I read lines are long to come down around 3pm but we'll allocate some extra time.

Reply to: Purchasing Machu Picchu bus tickets on-line
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted