We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fiji Dollars at Nadi Airport

Bristol, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
Fiji Dollars at Nadi Airport

Hello,

I was hoping someone can help me with changing British pounds to Fiji Dollars at Nadi Airport when we land?

Is the bank at Nadi Airport 24 hour? and is the exchange rate better there than if i buy in the U.K.? Is it worth waiting and changing at Nadi Airport or changing before we leave?

Thanks

Jevon

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Fiji Dollars at Nadi Airport

If you use your ATM card you'll get a pretty decent rate.

Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
Level Contributor
1,742 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fiji Dollars at Nadi Airport

The ATMs at the airport are open 24 hours and the currency exchange shops are open to meet all planes. However, their rate of exchange is not as good as you can get in Nadi. I can't comment on the British/Fijian exchange rate.

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,378 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fiji Dollars at Nadi Airport

You can exchange cash at the Western Union exchange booth near the baggage claim area at the airport in Nadi.

The following link has information you may find helpful.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294335-i885-k4776…

Hope this helps.

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fiji Dollars at Nadi Airport

I'd exchange some at Nadi airport, and if you are going into Nadi town then exchange more there.

I only use an ATM for emergencies, as my bank charges a withdrawal fee of some A$15.

Check with your bank before going for any hidden fees if using a card.

As I'm in Australia I can't comment on your currency. But shop around at home and check what your exchanges are giving.

Have a great holiday.

LTB

New Plymouth, New...
Level Contributor
238 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fiji Dollars at Nadi Airport

If you go to the Fiji Times on line website at http://www.fijitimes.com/ and scroll down the page you will find ANZ's daily exchange rate for just about all the common currencies. ANZ has an exchange booth at the airport.

Also of interest I found that the BSP Bank publishes their daily exchange rates, they look too good and must involve some conversion fees, however can't find them.

bsp.com.fj/pages.cfm/home/exchange-rates/.

The rate they are giving converts to $1.896 FD for $1AU

Edited: 03 November 2011, 20:02
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fiji Dollars at Nadi Airport

Can someone confirm if there is a Westpac Pacific Banking ATM at the Arrivals or public areas at Nadi Airport?

My Australian bank doesn't charge a transaction fee to use a partner bank.

Cairns Region...
Level Contributor
376 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fiji Dollars at Nadi Airport

BSP Bank charges upto 1,5%. Here are their fees:

Other Bank’s Customer:

- where amount is up to $4

FJD 200

- amounts FJD 201 to $6

FJD 500

- amounts FJD 501 to $11

FJD 1,000

- amounts over FJD 1,000 1.5% of value

8. Re: Fiji Dollars at Nadi Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 16:16