We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nanny/babysitting at the Outrigger

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Nanny/babysitting at the Outrigger

Hi all,

We will be staying at the Outrigger in a few weeks with our 18 month old daughter. We were hoping to hire a babysitter for a few hours here and there so that we could have a few meals alone together and maybe got to the day spa. I've been looking on their website and it states that the nanny service is available for a minimum of 4 consecutive days (up to 8 hours a day) for $AUD161. Is that right? Can't you just hire a babysitter for a few hours here and there?

Thanks

Danielle

Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nanny/babysitting at the Outrigger

At every resort I have been to members of the female staff will baby sit for you at extremely reasonable rates or will know someone that does. Make some inquiries when you arrive.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
751 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nanny/babysitting at the Outrigger

Although we didn't use it there is a great MeiMei nanny/babysitting service at the Outrigger. I am pretty sure you pay up front for a certain amount of hours a day for 4 consecutive days (I am hoping someone can verify/correct this).

The MeiMei's were very popular and the small children had a nursery room for nap time, nappy changes etc and were able to play in the lovely kids club playground!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Nanny/babysitting at the Outrigger

We were at Outrigger last month, and the 4 hour minimum booking no longer applies. The Meimei/babysitting brochure they gave us at check in had some handwritten additions that said you can now book a babysitter by the hour.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nanny/babysitting at the Outrigger

Thank you for the replies everyone.

Thanks Retrobyte... I'm glad the minimum of 4 hrs no longer exists. We'll only need a couple of hours here and there I think.

Level Contributor
395 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nanny/babysitting at the Outrigger

Babysitting services by the Meimei's is F$16 for the first hour & F$12 every hour after that.

You will need to book 2 hours in advance.

Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nanny/babysitting at the Outrigger

Those prices seem to be very expensive, I am sure you can do better using female staff members.

Australia
Level Contributor
611 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nanny/babysitting at the Outrigger

Very expensive, not even Vomo charges that!!!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Nanny/babysitting at the Outrigger

Considering that babysitting in Sydney through agencies is AUD$20 per hour, the Outrigger prices are a bargain. It's rare that the prices for anything at a resort are less than half what you'd pay back home.

Australia
Level Contributor
611 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nanny/babysitting at the Outrigger

We paid $8fj an hour at Vomo and Malolo islands... So yes expensive for Fiji normal babysitting although they deserve more!

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Nanny/babysitting at the Outrigger

We are also going to be doing the same in March and I really didnt want to put our 18 month old in with a baby sitter for such a long time. Its handy to know that it can be hour by hour now.