We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches in Albania

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches in Albania

Hello!

I have a few questions that maybe someone can help me with. I was in Tirana last August and everyone said Albania had some of the most beautiful beaches. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions as to what beaches would be the best and possibly the difficulty of traveling from Tirana to the place.

Thanks so much!

M

greece
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches in Albania

Hello.

THere r three big cities in albania which have the best beaches.

Vlora ,Saranda and Durres...

Albania is a small country so u can visit this three cities in one day ..and its gonna cost u less than 20 euros traveling around in these cities.

I would also recomind u himara ...which is a place between Vlora and Saranda.

UK
Level Contributor
68 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches in Albania

I think that Durres beach is very overcrauded and would recommmend to travel more towards Vlora - Golem Beach. The beach is long, sandy with noce small hotels around and only 40 min drive (depends from the trafic in the central Tirana)

In Vlora there are not many beaches - mainly rocks with small hotels just on the age of the sea and there I would reccomend Nimfa.

However the best beach in my opinion is Demri - between Vlora and Saranda. Its 3 hours drive from Tirana. Have a nice trip

london
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches in Albania

could you tell me what saranda beach is like, and the cost of b/b there thanks jan eric

New York
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches in Albania

There reall aren't many beaches in Sarada - Mostly rocks. A nice place to swim is the abandoned workers resort south of the city.

Kosova
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaches in Albania

The best beaches in Albania are Dhermia near Vlora.

The islands of Ksamil 15 minutes from Saranda. I was in a trip there and slept i one of the three islands. They are small, but if you have a tend you could spend a night there.

Another good beach is Jala, near Vlora.

Gjiri i Perendise (a.k.a GP) is also a beautiful place.

Palermo (Himare) is a good beach with a huge cave that has a good legend about illyrian pirates. Very nice for visit.

Detroit, Michigan
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beaches in Albania

If you want to see the whole of the Albanian coastline, you have to plan at least two to three days. Starting from the beach of Velipoja in Shkoder or maybe Shengjin in Lexha and then go south. Durresi beach is really long, but apart from the many hotels (among which some very good ones, and great food too- all kinds of prices) and nightlife on most days during the sumertime...not a very nice beach for taking a swim. You can wait to do that anywhere down south: Vlora, Himara, Dhermi, Jala (HIGHLY recommended....just heavenly), Borsh and of course in the very many littl ebeaches in Saranda (Pasqyra beach being the best..not rocky at all) If you like the rocks, anywhere you go in Saranda is like that...but nice (local people only bathe there)...the clearest waters are really south. On ecan also find many castles along the way and other attractions such as Blue Eyed in Saranda<-- great place for picnics or BBQ.

Ok, enjoy your stay!!

Pristina, Kosovo...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Beaches in Albania

Hi.

I just came back from my holiday in Albania. You can find there amazing un-spoiled beaches.

You can find some pics I took here:

…webshots.com/photo/…

8. Re: Beaches in Albania

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2009, 16:33
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,452 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beaches in Albania

Old post from 2007

No need to reply

10. Re: Beaches in Albania

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 20:17
Get answers to your questions about Albania