We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long-term visitor visa to Belarus - any experiences?

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Long-term visitor visa to Belarus - any experiences?

Does anyone here have any experience applying for a long-term visitor (private purposes) visa to Belarus?

I'm wondering if there are any special considerations or conditions to get accepted for this type of visa. Is it just as easy as getting a short-term multiple entry visa, or do you need to "prove" that you require a long term one somehow?

I'll be visiting my gf in Belarus quite often, so obviously a long-term visa would be the best way.

I've tried contacting the London embassy, but they are not very helpful at all - telling me just to read the embassy page, which doesn't really give much details...

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give me!

23 replies to this topic
Minsk, Belarus
Destination Expert
for Minsk
Level Contributor
3,155 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: Long-term visitor visa to Belarus - any experiences?

There is no short-term multiple entry visa from what I know.

A private visa for over 30 days would require the original invitation from the person you are visiting - it can be up to 90 days. Obviously, you know about 5-day visa-free regime already - described in FAQs here. If you have any technical invitation / insurance questions, don't hesitate to send a message.

A

Minsk, Belarus
Destination Expert
for Minsk
Level Contributor
2,252 posts
81 reviews
2. Re: Long-term visitor visa to Belarus - any experiences?

As far as I understand your plan is to visit your gf many times during the year coming to Vilnius and then taking a train/bus to Minsk. At the moment there is no way to get a multiple entry visa for frequent visits and entering Belarus by bus/train from Vilnius.

Try Grodno visa free program. If you meet in Grodno you will be able to come by Vilnius-Grodno bus multiple times and each time stay for 5 days. Grodno is close to border so you can 'prolong' your stay each and every time you cross the border and come back.

Also try to check the company you are working for, maybe there is a chance you are having some business here. Multiple entry business visa is pretty easy to get.

Minsk, Belarus
Destination Expert
for Minsk
Level Contributor
3,155 posts
30 reviews
3. Re: Long-term visitor visa to Belarus - any experiences?

Well, as long as the GF is in Grodno...

A

Level Contributor
100 posts
4. Re: Long-term visitor visa to Belarus - any experiences?

Hi,

You have 3 options to make your life easier:

- Private invitation which allows for you to enter multiple times and lasts for 90 days

- Buy property

- Get married

I think I've put them in order of cost so I would suggest the first option and it's the method I'm familiar with.

The private invitation can be made using the form on the embassy website and notarised by a local solicitor. This is both quicker and less expensive (and frustrating) than dealing with the local migration office. You can then send a copy of the invitation to the embassy with your visa application. You should find a link to the form in one if my previous posts.

Grodno visa free is something I've not tried but would work and of course you can go visa free in and out through Minsk (upto 5 days) which worked ok for me this weekend.

Also don't forget about registration if you are not leaving within 5 working days!

Good luck and let me know if you have specific questions.

Level Contributor
100 posts
5. Re: Long-term visitor visa to Belarus - any experiences?

I should point out that option 1 also let's you enter by bus and train as well as flying to Minsk and so is more flexible and if flying via vilnius will probably work out less expensive even after the 60 euro for the visa.

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
6. Re: Long-term visitor visa to Belarus - any experiences?

Thanks for all your replies!

UKomeAndGo: Thanks for the tip about how to do the invitation - information is quite scarce on that point! When you talk of the 90 days, is that the long-term visa that can be used over a year, or the 90 consecutive days (short term) visa? That's what I'm trying to figure out - if it's actually possible to get the long term visa (which would obviously be most economical!) without having property or getting married.

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
7. Re: Long-term visitor visa to Belarus - any experiences?

Just in case anyone else is wondering about the same thing, I finally got through to the embassy in London.

A long-term private visa (i.e. a 90 day multiple entry visa for a year) is only possible for visiting close relatives or if you're married (or presumably if you have business/property there as UKomeAndGo mentioned). Would be nice if they mentioned this on their website so that it's more clear, ah!

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Long-term visitor visa to Belarus - any experiences?

Just got my long term D-visa which is 90 days within a year. Needed to show marriage certificate and get an invitation letter from my wife certified at the embassy (could also ask Belarusian family in Minsk to invite me though this is more time-consuming)

Cost is now the same as a short term visa but costs 20 EUR more for the certification.

1 post
9. Re: Long-term visitor visa to Belarus - any experiences?

Hello All!

I am an American citizen opening a software business in the Hi-Tech Park area. We will have a Belarusian LLC to operate it and we will be officing in the Hi-Tech Park. Can anyone tell me if that qualifies me for a one year Temporary Resident visa? Your responses are well appreciated. Thanks.

David

Minsk, Belarus
Destination Expert
for Minsk
Level Contributor
3,155 posts
30 reviews
10. Re: Long-term visitor visa to Belarus - any experiences?

The best guys to ask will be high technology park Administration, I guess they have dealt with this many times.

We are mostly into travel here and tourist visa is for up to 30 days.

A

Reply to: Long-term visitor visa to Belarus - any experiences?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted