We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeing football 16th september

Bournemouth, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Seeing football 16th september

Am in bucharest with some friends on weekend of 15 -17th september, are there likely to be any football matches this weekend?

If so, how would I go about getting some?

Thanks,

Sam

19 replies to this topic
Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
7,570 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Seeing football 16th september

In the first league there's going to be Steaua vs Medias on September 17th at 20:30.

You can find tickets at the stadium before the match, no need to book.

Level Contributor
595 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seeing football 16th september

Your lucky I miss going to steau bucharest matches with my father in law seen some good local derbies with dinamo etc tickets were about £5 probably still cheap compared to premier league enjoy.

Bournemouth, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seeing football 16th september

Thank you for your message.

Do you know roughly how much it will cost?

Also is it possible to book online if we wanted to?

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
7,570 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Seeing football 16th september

Ticket prices for domestic matches usually range between 5 and 100 lei (£1-£20), For this specific match tickets aren't sold online (if they were, they'd be on http://www.bilete-fcsb.ro/ ), it's not that important.

If you really want to get them in advance you can buy them at the stadium (National Arena) on Saturday.

Level Contributor
595 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seeing football 16th september

My father in law used to get tickets direct from ghencea the steau stadium they were known as the army team and as he was a colonel he easily got tickets my wife grew up 2 blocks from ghencea.

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
7,570 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Seeing football 16th september

They don't play on Steaua stadium in Ghencea anymore, for ownership reasons. Currently they use the National Arena.

6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Seeing football 16th september

I hope to see Dinamo play Juve Bucharest on Sat 14th Oct. Should I try and arrange tickets in advance or will I be fine to get them on the day. Any help much appreciated

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
7,570 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Seeing football 16th september

Perfectly fine getting them on the day of the match.

6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Seeing football 16th september

Thanks very much Alterme

6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Seeing football 16th september

I've had some bad luck. The game I was hoping to see has seemingly been moved from Sat afternoon to Monday night. At the time I am flying onward!

My initial look at fixtures suggests all other top level games over the weekend are some distance from Bucharest.

It might be a long shot but does anyone know of any- even lower level football being played in Bucharest Sat or Sunday 14/15th?

Reply to: Seeing football 16th september
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bucharest