We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre-booking a taxi

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
638 posts
5 reviews
Pre-booking a taxi

Greetings

Does anybody know a way to pre-book a conventional taxi (i.e. not through the companies Black Taxi or Bucharest Taxi)? I want to go from near Petrachioia to the airport early next week. I guess Uber would be OK too, but I can't see any way to pre-book a ride on the app.

I got a quote from Bucharest Taxi today. The bloke wanted 40 euro. In a regular taxi it usually costs around 50 lei--about a quarter of what he asked--but sometimes they refuse to come, and I can't afford to leave it to chance this time.

Any constructive advice would be much appreciated.

4 replies to this topic
Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
7,654 posts
1. Re: Pre-booking a taxi

Yep, you can use Uber. For preordering, after you select the destination there's a small button to the right of Confirm uber on the lower edge of the app screen.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
638 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Pre-booking a taxi

Thanks very much for your reply. I can't see the button at all though. There are two confirmation steps, right? Which one does it appear with?

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
7,654 posts
3. Re: Pre-booking a taxi

The one after you enter the start point (if location isn't enabled) and destination: http://www.imagebam.com/image/d68457688347973

Edited: 14 December 2017, 17:04
Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
638 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Pre-booking a taxi

Thanks heaps; most helpful.

Reply to: Pre-booking a taxi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted