We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Help

Vermont
Level Contributor
12 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary Help

My wife and I will be going on a 5 year anniversary and I've selected Nicaragua just due to the blend of nature and beach. We are limited on time and I think I can squeeze 10 nights. Definitely would like to see Masaya, Ometepe and then have at least 3 days or so on the beach. I also like the idea of going to Jicaro to do some exploring and then some relaxing. Any input/help would be greatly appreciated. We are late 20s and enjoy hiking and nature as much as a little tranquility from our busy lives.

Day 1: Arrive MGA, transfer to Granada

Day 2: Masaya and Laguna de Apoyo (hopefully a tour where we can enjoy the lake some)

Day 3: Tour Granada, transfer to Jicaro

Day 4: Kayak and relax at Jicaro ecolodge

Day 5: Mombacho tour and relax at Jicaro

Day 6: Transfer to Ometepe, possible waterfall hike

Day 7: Hike Madera

Day 8: Transfer to SJDS

Day 11: Depart MGA

Thanks so much for all of the help. I've already poured hours into reading the many reviews out there.

Granada, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,061 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary Help

sounds like you have everything set up. Nice Itinerary

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary Help

It does sound like a very interesting itinerary, maybe one more night in San Juan del Sur??

Vermont
Level Contributor
12 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary Help

Yeah, I agree, I definitely think the wife would like one more night in SJDS. The Jicaro ecolodge looks amazing and they have a promotion of 3 nights for the price of 2 which sounds like a great price and maybe we could take out one night from Granada or do Masaya while we are there? I really appreciate the input.

4. Re: Itinerary Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 16:18