We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aerosol Sprays confiscated at airport?

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
315 posts
Save Topic
Aerosol Sprays confiscated at airport?

It's been about three/four years since we have been to Panama. I recall that you are not allowed to have in CHECKED or CARRY-ON

luggage any aerosol sprays. (Non-aerosol sprays were allowed.) Is this still in effect? Does not affect us, but it might to others.

I recall security officers going through people's bags (very discreetly) prior to people checking their luggage. We saw them remove all aerosol sprays and discard them.

Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
Level Contributor
5,613 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aerosol Sprays confiscated at airport?

I've seen this happy at the airport in Bocas. A woman had a small can of hair spray in her carry-on and they took it.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,554 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aerosol Sprays confiscated at airport?

I have had an aerosol can in my carry-on confiscated when I went through security in the U.S., too. Best not to take it. They have pump types you can use.

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
315 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Aerosol Sprays confiscated at airport?

Seeing the small cans grabbed is no big deal, felt for the people who had full-size cans confiscated from their (to be checked) bags. No doubt the majority of people believe it 's fine if it's in their checked bags.

At a welcome briefing at a resort in Panama the speaker informed us of this happening.

Going through security in the U.S with our carry-on., we have never had ours confiscated. My husband usually has a small can of shaving foam (under the limit size of 3 ozs.). Guess we are at the mercy of security.

4. Re: Aerosol Sprays confiscated at airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2013, 05:33