We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cerro de la Cruz neighborhood

nyc
Level Contributor
31 posts
Cerro de la Cruz neighborhood

Renting house there

Anyone familiar with that area?

4 replies to this topic
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
457 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Cerro de la Cruz neighborhood

I hoped someone else with more recent experience living in Antigua would reply. I'm not sure what is meant by "Cerro de la Cruz" neighborhood. There is "La Candelaria" which is an upscale neighborhood near the Cerro de la Cruz. But I'm guessing that you are referring to the part of Antigua just south of the Cerro de la Cruz entrance, near 1a Avenida and Calle Ancha.

In general, the northwest quadrant of Antigua is pretty "upscale"--and that's in Antigua, which is already pretty upscale. The actual Cerro de la Cruz itself may have had asaltos and robberies in the past, but those bad guys usually fled back down through the woods to the San Felipe side of the hill, to the north.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
457 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Cerro de la Cruz neighborhood

sorry, meant to say the northEAST quadrant of Antigua is pretty upscale.

The northWEST quadrant of Antigua--much less upscale!

Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
968 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Cerro de la Cruz neighborhood

But north of Calle Ancha it gets pretty gnarly pretty fast.

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
98 posts
129 reviews
4. Re: Cerro de la Cruz neighborhood

In general, it's a pretty nice area. You should be aware, though, that there are frequent problems with the water supply, more so than in other areas of town. I have friends in that part of town, and sometimes they are without water or the pressure is low. This is not a huge issue, just something good to know.

Reply to: Cerro de la Cruz neighborhood
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Antigua