We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late arrival Antigua restaurants open?

Ontario
Level Contributor
759 posts
11 reviews
Late arrival Antigua restaurants open?

We will be staying near La Merced. What eating options would we have between 10- 11 PM ?

5 replies to this topic
Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
987 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Late arrival Antigua restaurants open?

Slim pickins at that hour. Right at ten you might be okay. Friday or Saturday you should be okay. Wednesday at 11 PM you are pretty much SOL, although there is always the street food on Santa Lucía.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
13,841 posts
331 reviews
2. Re: Late arrival Antigua restaurants open?

Yes, in my experience (I often arrive late, stay in the same neighborhood, will be doing so next month again) there's not much on offer. Even the street venders at La Merced have usually gone to bed by then. There might be a bar sort of spot on 5 Avenida still open that would serve food. I generally layover at IAH or DFW, eat there, and buy some fruit for later. Or buy food on the plane.

New York
Level Contributor
51 posts
58 reviews
3. Re: Late arrival Antigua restaurants open?

Fridas on fifth ave should still be open and serving food. It's a bar atmosphere though. It's half a block from la Merced. Cafe Rocio on sixth ave may still be open serving curries. Depends on what night you're arriving also. Probably better luck on Friday and Saturday.

Ontario
Level Contributor
759 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: Late arrival Antigua restaurants open?

It will be a Tuesday night. To avoid the bar/ noise after a long day, I think Frida's has take out. Could be the answer.

Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
987 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: Late arrival Antigua restaurants open?

I would be shocked if they are open that late but you never know. Frida's hours and menu and almost everything about the place could be described as extremely flexible.

Reply to: Late arrival Antigua restaurants open?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Antigua