We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking my 7 year old daughter to romania

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Taking my 7 year old daughter to romania

Hi

I'm looking to take my 7 year old daughter to Romania in April next year, would appreciate any suggestions and recommendations of places to visit/stay from other families that have explored this area in addition to the known castles and parks. Will be flying into Bucharest and spend a couple of days there before travelling to Brasov. Am thinking it wont be warm enough for a trip to the coast?

I've looked at other postings which have suggested day trips from this region - would a car be necessary or would you recommend any tours or can them be done via public transport.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Romania
Romania
Europe
Bucharest
Bucharest
Romania
Brasov
Brasov
Brasov County, Romania
Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
7,210 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taking my 7 year old daughter to romania

Apart from the usual sites (though you've probably read about this one too), you should take her to the bear sanctuary near Zarnesti.

April is too cold for the beach/sea, although you could visit other areas of interest near the sea (like the Danube Delta).

Most of the tourist sites around Brasov can be accesed by public transport.

Mentioned in this post
Brasov
Brasov
Brasov County, Romania
Brasov, Romania
Level Contributor
24 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taking my 7 year old daughter to romania

Hello natalienn,

I would also recommend you Parc Aventura Brasov as an entertaining addition to the recommendation above.

http://www.parc-aventura.ro/en/

Have fun!

Mentioned in this post
Parc Aventura Brasov
Parc Aventura Brasov
408 Reviews
Brasov, Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
149 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taking my 7 year old daughter to romania

When in Bucharest visit Antipa Museum and if you want to relax&enjoy a really great waterpark no matter the weather, go to Therme.

You can also add Dino Park in Rasnov.

The one day tours will take you and your kid to any of these places if they are private. If not consider renting a car.

I certainly not consider the coast or even Danube Delta. Even Alterme is the best around, april would be too cold for that to enjoy.

All the best

Edited: 17 January 2017, 11:12
Mentioned in this post
Bucharest
Bucharest
Romania
Level Contributor
587 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taking my 7 year old daughter to romania

When in Bucharest visit Parc herastrau the children's island should be up and running our daughter loved it at age 7 she used to go with my wife who's from Bucharest but we also have been to brasov on several occasions head on the cable car up mount timpa or walk up if your energetic fab views you could also visit castle bran (draculas home) bear sanctuary a good day out by April spring flowers will be out in the country side surrounding brasov quite a few no longer seen anywhere else in europe enjoy.

Mentioned in this post
Bucharest
Bucharest
Romania
5. Re: Taking my 7 year old daughter to romania

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2018, 00:17