We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay visiting Peles Castle, Bran castle

Redcar, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
where to stay visiting Peles Castle, Bran castle

Hello,

I will be flying into Bucharest airport and will be spending 4 nights travelling up to the area where Peles Castle is, along with Bran castle. I will want to definitely visit Brasov and also Poenari Castle (although i don't mind driving a lot for that). I also want to go up the mountains for views without all the walking.

I am stuck on where I should say - I land just before 2pm so it wont be that late to travel. But I am thinking more about activities and where is best to base. I was looking at staying near Peles castle but I am worried about travelling to other destinations after that.

I just want a nice hotel, I am pregnant, early stages, so would like a little luxury but just not a hefty price tag.

Any help will be welcomed and also any other ideas on what to see and do!

3 replies to this topic
Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
6,088 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay visiting Peles Castle, Bran castle

How will you be travelling, by public transport or by car ?

Either way you should stay in Brasov, preferably in the medieval quarter (around Sfatului square). The city is interesting, has plenty of affordable/good accommodations/restaurants/entertainment and it's a good base for the castles you want to see except Poenari.

Other places you could visit, time permitting, are Sibiu, Sighisoara and some of the old villages with fortress-churches in the area (the easiest to get to are Prejmer and Harman, right around Brasov).

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
666 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay visiting Peles Castle, Bran castle

Yes staying in Brașov is the best bet to use as your base. You can easily take day trips to Peleș Castle and Bran among as Alterme stated Sibiu, Sighișoara, as well as Făgăraș fortress and Râşnov among other locations. There is a tram up to the top of the mountain to the south of Brașov so you don't have to hike up it as you stated with some great views. You can even walk to the Brașov sign up there as well.

I spent about 4 days based out of Brașov and would take day trips every day and eat and drink in town at night...

Level Contributor
561 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay visiting Peles Castle, Bran castle

You could always stay in sinai for a night or two visit the peles castle and surrounding area it's a lovely town nice and relaxing then move on to brasov I suggest for accommodation you look on trivago. Enjoy.

Reply to: where to stay visiting Peles Castle, Bran castle
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Brasov