We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What To Do On My Own?

1 post
Save Topic
What To Do On My Own?

I'll be volunteering for two weeks in Brasov this May, however I'll have evenings and weekends to myself. I'm wondering which activities and sights would be the best to partake in since I'm on my own (I've traveled internationally 6+ times before, however this will be my first time where no one will be coming with me). I'm expecting to meet a few other people while volunteering, but just in case I spend a few evenings or Saturdays out on my own I'd like to have some options!

Mentioned in this post
Brasov
Brasov
Brasov County, Romania
Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
7,214 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What To Do On My Own?

There are many interesting places within Brasov that you can discover in the evenings ( start by taking a look at romaniatourism.com/brasov.html#landmarks ), as well as numerous nearby sites and towns that you can visit during the weekends (Peles castle in Sinaia, Sibiu, Sighisoara, Rasnov fortress, Bran castle, the old German villages etc. - you probably won't have time for all of them). There are also ample hiking opportunities if you're interested in that.

Mentioned in this post
Brasov
Brasov
Brasov County, Romania
Peles Castle
Peles Castle
3,422 Reviews
Sinaia, Romania
Sinaia
Sinaia
Prahova County, Romania
Sibiu
Sibiu
Sibiu County, Romania
Sighisoara
Sighisoara
Mures County, Romania
Bran
Bran
Brasov County, Romania
2. Re: What To Do On My Own?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2018, 02:17