We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather beginning of August and port question

Which Constanta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
lancs
Level Contributor
2,306 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
weather beginning of August and port question

Hi. We are going to book a cruise that visits Constanta for the daY. Can anyone comment on the weather at this time of year? Also. where the ship would dock, would it be easy enough for us to explore the town on foot? We dont want to do sightseeing as such just stop for a drink and have a stroll. Thanks.

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
4,798 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: weather beginning of August and port question

Weather is fine in early August, dry and warm (above 25-30°C).

I think the cruise ships docking area is about 1.5 km away to Constanta's old quarter (the Peninsula) and downtown.

lancs
Level Contributor
2,306 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather beginning of August and port question

Thank you. Would it be easy enough to take a taxi to the old quarter?

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
4,798 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: weather beginning of August and port question

I'm not sure you'll find taxis right in the docking area. You can find some at the port's nearest gate (about one km away) but practically that's where the old quarter starts anyway.

lancs
Level Contributor
2,306 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather beginning of August and port question

Oh It looks like we had better go on one of the ships excursions then. 1km is a long way to walk if you dont know the way!

Breb, Romania
Level Contributor
513 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather beginning of August and port question

Unless you have some physical problem, you are perfectly fine on your own walking. 1 km can't be more than 10 minutes on foot...

Have a good trip,

Matthijs

Constanta
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather beginning of August and port question

I live in Constanta and I tell you to take the organised trip specially if they have one to Murfatlar vineyard . Unfortunately the old part of Constanta is not in a good shape because of ownership and money problems after the communism period .

In the town center is best to walk in the Archaeological Park and the one in front of the Opera or take a bus to Mamaia resort or Tabacarie park ( visit Saint Mina church) .

Constanta
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: weather beginning of August and port question

Hi, how about a private guide for the short trip? Is not very expensive and it won't make you waste any time.

Derby, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: weather beginning of August and port question

To Dariana2

I am organising a trip to Rumania for a rugby team from England in May 2014. we are thinking of staying in Constanta for a few days. Which part of constanta would be best for us? How warm is it in May? we want to stay in a location where there is plenty of night life. Can you make any suggestions. How busy is it in May? When does the season start. Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you

Mark Packard

Matlock Rugby Club

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/matlock/

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
110 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weather beginning of August and port question

Would you have any contact details for a guide or the day please?

Thank you.

Vicki

Constanta
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: weather beginning of August and port question

Bollidarling I suggest you write a private message to camelia , from her post i understand she may know someone .

I do not work in tourism business .

Get answers to your questions about Constanta