We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local transport and Visa query in LP

Level Contributor
28 posts
11 reviews
Local transport and Visa query in LP

Hi guys,I am planning to visit lP in month of November'17. Please guide me with some queries:

1.How is the public transport there as I will be a solo Traveller on my own so what will be the affordable and safe method to roam around in LP using public transport.

Is there any bus/shuttle service on a day basis rent to take you around in LP

2.i am aware that laos provide travelling visa on arrival however let me know how reliable it would be.so in case any issue, will make a preplan for this

Llangollen, United...
Level Contributor
162 posts
148 reviews
1. Re: Local transport and Visa query in LP

You will find the answers to these questions - and more - on other threads. Most of the main sights in LP are within walking distance of each other. There are plenty of tuk tuks and taxis around the city that can take you to wherever you want to go, for a very reasonable price. There also are tour operators who run day and half-day trips outside the city, such as to the Kuangi Waterfall Park.

Public buses in Laos run on an inter-city/town basis, rather than provide a service around the town itself.

The Visa on Arrival (VOA) process is relatively efficient and straightforward. I have never encountered a snag or serious delay arriving at the airport. Tourist visas are valid for 30 days. If you are planning to stay longer in Laos, you will need to get a visa before you travel. The VOA fee varies according to your nationality but for most people it is $35US. Bring a passport-sized photo with you or else they will charge you another dollar to photocopy the one from your passport. Also, bring a few extra dollars with you in case of any changes. Your passport must have 6 months left to run before it expires, from the date of your arrival. Make sure it has been correctly stamped before you leave the airport. Lastly, double-check entry requirements with your own country's relevant government office before you travel (in the UK this is the FCO).

Level Contributor
28 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Local transport and Visa query in LP

Hello Philip,thank you so much for your reply :)

I have gone to other threads however got only tuk tuk as one option that to be some where written that it could be clumsy sometimes. But thanks to your information I have much confirmed optipns now.

Again thanks for Visa query too as wanted to double sure for that.

Appreciate your time to reply :)

3. Re: Local transport and Visa query in LP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2018, 01:17
Get answers to your questions about Luang Prabang