We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hesitating for 2 or 3 full days

Var
Level Contributor
358 posts
84 reviews
Hesitating for 2 or 3 full days

Hello,

I am arriving in Luang Prabang the 19 th November. Now I am hesitating to leave the 22 nd or 23 rd.

My aim is to see things people come here for : The cave (and river excursion) the town itself, the waterfalls and .......?

I am not interested in an Elephant camp (most not treat animals too well,), but would not like to skip something that would absolutely to be missed. We travel around, coming from Thailand, and going to Vientiane and Nong Kai after that

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,824 posts
156 reviews
1. Re: Hesitating for 2 or 3 full days

2 days maybe a bit rushed, 3 full days will be better. Here is a guide: https:/…luang_prabang

How long are you planning for Vientianne? You mean Nong Khiaw in Thailand?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,824 posts
156 reviews
2. Re: Hesitating for 2 or 3 full days

Sorry Nong Khia.

Var
Level Contributor
358 posts
84 reviews
3. Re: Hesitating for 2 or 3 full days

Yes we go to there after Laos (is also kind of visa run, we choose Laos for).

We wanted to stay in Maison Dalabua, but is sold out on our date. SO we are also looking for something similar, but not over expensive.

My idea was to do the waterfalls one day, and the other day the buddah cave, and having time still the arrival day to visit the city and in the evening.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,824 posts
156 reviews
4. Re: Hesitating for 2 or 3 full days

You could try The Sanctuary that's about the same price, a bit further out but not too far.

I did go to Nong Khia last trip, did not find much there.

Are you flying to Vientianne?

Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
9,156 posts
49 reviews
5. Re: Hesitating for 2 or 3 full days

Of you have the time, I would spend three full days in Luang Prabang. With the Old Town, the waterfall and cave and the surrounding area you have no problem to keep yourself busy. And you find tiome to relax a bit to enjoy the atmosphere there (which I really like).

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,824 posts
156 reviews
6. Re: Hesitating for 2 or 3 full days

Or Jasmine Luangprabang Hotel.

It's a relaxing place, you could spend some time not doing that much, eating, massage, strolling around, drinks by the river, cafes etc.

Edited: 28 August 2017, 09:37
Var
Level Contributor
358 posts
84 reviews
7. Re: Hesitating for 2 or 3 full days

I do not search much in Nong Kai. My friend is just living there, he take me to the Lotus lake and some things out of town. I also know that in Vientiane there is not much to see, so I just have one day there to at least have an impression. I check out the hotels , thank you.

8. Re: Hesitating for 2 or 3 full days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2018, 01:18