We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

please help with a place to choose for brunch

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
newcastle
Level Contributor
55 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
please help with a place to choose for brunch

hi everyone, can you please help me choose a place to brunch, its for our 10th wedding celebration in october, we are stopping near the Burjaman Mall if that helps.I would taxi to the best you could reccomend, i was looking at the observatory could anyone give me a rough taxi price to there please.

many thanks

Andrew

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,692 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: please help with a place to choose for brunch

Taxi price to Harbour Hotel from Bur Juman mall about 60 dirham. Fab views from the Observatory there and good reviews for their brunch.

Spectrum on One with it's free flowing moet is a high end brunch much nearer to Bur Juman but VERY expesnive at 550 dirham for the brunch.

Another good brunch nearer to you would be the one at Park Hyatt hotel.

There are so many brunches all over the place and everyone has their own pet favourite - some are cheaper than others, some are more swanky than others, some are more 'spit and sawdust' than others so it's really hard to say which is best.

Time Out Dubai restaurant awards 2009 said Al Qasr brunch was best. See below

timeoutdubai.com/restaurants/awards/6815-al-…

But it would depend on what your criteria for best was - for example, Yalumba made it on to their short list but it would be my idea of hell.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,863 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: please help with a place to choose for brunch

I've just been reading a thread about brunches on another forum. Al Qasr seems to be a favourite. (I've never been to one so can't make a personal recommendation.)

Dubai
Level Contributor
164 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: please help with a place to choose for brunch

In October there really will not be a better Brunch to go to that Al Qasr at the Madinat Jumeirah. The Observatory is great as well and even better in the summer months but for a 10th anniversary there can be nothing better than overlooking the waterways of the hotel, with the Abras (small boats) going by every 2-3 minutes and have the Burj Arab as the backdrop. They have a live band and 4-5 restaurants to choose from. You will need to reserve a table outside and make sure that you mention that it is your 10th anniversary and they will really look after you. For me, Jumeirah are the best at what they do and you really will not be disappointed. It is about a 20 min drive from your hotel but it really will be worth it. After Brunch then reserve a table at either the Bahri Bar (Mina a'salam) or the Koubba Bar (al Qasr) and watch the Burj al Arab light up from close up. You will have an amazing time!!!!

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,342 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: please help with a place to choose for brunch

Another vote for the Al Qasr brunch. I have now been twice and I wondered if it would be as good the second time as I'd thought the first. No disappointment at all - still great.

I'm not sure if it will be the case in October but a couple of weeks ago you got a free drink voucher for Jambase in the Madinat Souk (same complex as the Al Qasr and free shuttle bus) so we had a wander round the souk after brunch and then had our drink in Jambase. It waa billed as a post brunch party from 4-7 pm. I think going back to the Koubbha Bar in Al Qasr for sunset for a lovely view of the Burj Al Arab is an excellent suggestion. Only disappointment for us on the more recent visit was that the Burj wasn't changing colour at all (as it was on our first visit) and remained a sickly yellow/green colour throughout our entire stay! Still a good view though. Enjoy - just don't eat your breakfast before you go to brunch!

5. Re: please help with a place to choose for brunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2010, 01:17