We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renaca beach in November

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
990 posts
35 reviews
Renaca beach in November

I was wondering what Renaca beach will be like in early to mid November. I know that swimming isn't an option but will the beach be busy and lively or dead?

For example, we have a small beach in Toronto. If you go there on a Saturday or Sunday, it's packed full of people, fun and lively. If you went there on a Thursday afternoon, it'd be pretty quiet. I'd rather be at Renaca when it's full of people and lively.

I posted my itinerary here: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294305-i2020-k350…

I'm thinking of adding another night to the Valparaiso/Vina del Mar part of my trip. This would make my travel day from Valparaiso to Mendoza on a Sunday when a lot of things are closed. I'm hoping that it's worth it to stay in Vina and Valpo on a Saturday to see things come alive.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
7,065 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Renaca beach in November

November is early for beaches in Viña. There will be more action on the weekend. Mendoza is very dead on Sunday evenings - nearly everything is closed.

Viña del Mar...
Level Contributor
459 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Renaca beach in November

Hello,

It's a very good idea to stay either in Valparaíso or Viña for a Saturday evening !

We do have very good hotels for all budgets and they are conveniently located of safe areas.

Please read my post on the hotels after the earthquake in the Valparaíso forum.

There are lots of things to do here and you will have a good idea of Chilean culture.

Have a nice trip !

regards from Valparaíso,

Jdelapaz

3. Re: Renaca beach in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2010, 01:18
Get answers to your questions about Vina del Mar