We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport to Vina del Mar

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
4 posts
327 reviews
Transport to Vina del Mar

We will be arriving in Santiago (flight from BA) around noon. We want to go directly to Vina del Mar. How can we get there? We got a quote from a transport service that seemed quite high. Any other ideas? Is there a bus service that is reasonable and reliable? Should be take a cab? We will also need to go from Vina del Mar to Santiago (city) a few days later. Thanks!

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
11,537 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: Transport to Vina del Mar

You will have to get one of the airport buses, Centropuerto or TurBus, to the metro station "Universidad de Santiago" where the TurBus and Pullman buses leave for Viña about every 15-20 minutes. You can also get off at metro station "Pajaritos" and catch a bus from there but I think, with a suitcase, it might be easier to go via the bus station. You could also get an official taxi to the metro station if you prefer. The buses used to let you off in Viña before the bus station (in the Plaza) if you wanted and I am not sure if this is still true as I don't think they go through the middle of town now.

To return, take the bus from Viña to the bus station in Santiago (Pullman or TurBus) and the station is connected to the metro system. I think the bus costs $3700 Chilean pesos.

It takes about an hour and a half between Santiago and Viña. From the airport to the bus terminal is about 20-30 minutes. You could eat something at the airport before setting off as the food will be a lot better than at the bus station.

The Chilean Central...
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
1 review
2. Re: Transport to Vina del Mar

Past excerpts I saved from LP's TT forum:

LAN runs a little shuttle bus to Viña del Mar from SCL. I took it yesterday from the airport. Cost 5,000 pesos. Left at 8:00 AM from the curb at the far right hand side of the public transport area, near the Transvip vans......The van drops you at 3 Norte and Libertdad. This is the main drag, so was able to get a taxi--although I could have gotten a suicide bus......The shuttle is for LAN customers only. But nobody checked me.

Santiago
Level Contributor
493 posts
14 reviews
3. Re: Transport to Vina del Mar

Yes there is a shuttle that is only for LAN users.

It is operated by Touristour (from ADS Mundo).

It has 3 schedulles each day, i think you have to ask to your agency.

Colorado
2 posts
4. Re: Transport to Vina del Mar

What is a LAN customer? Can an american use this service to travel from the airport to Vina?

Thanks

Lucus

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
11,537 posts
30 reviews
5. Re: Transport to Vina del Mar

Hi, Lucus. LAN is the Chilean national airline. Any LAN passenger can use the shuttle bus to Viña. In other words, if you arrive on LAN in Santiago you can use it.

London
Level Contributor
27 posts
6. Re: Transport to Vina del Mar

We will be arriving in Santiago on American Airlines . I believe that

LAN and AA have an alliance . Therefore can an AA customer take the LAN bus to Vina or not . It would be nice to know in advance

as it may help in planning the trip further .

Lexington
1 post
2 reviews
7. Re: Transport to Vina del Mar

Does anyone have experience with using a private transfer. It appears the cost is in the range of $125 one-way, but I would like to have a recommendation of what transfer company to use.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
7,072 posts
15 reviews
8. Re: Transport to Vina del Mar

Most American flights also have a LAN flight identification so you should have no problem using the LAN bus.

London
Level Contributor
27 posts
9. Re: Transport to Vina del Mar

Just returned from Vina Del Mar .

There are FOUR shuttle buses operated by LAN from

the Airport to Vina Del Mar which takes about one and Half hours.

This saves the hussle of going to the bus station in Central santiago and then to Vina Del Mar .

The time table of the buses as per 15th April 2007 is as follows:

1) 8:30 AM Reaching at 10.00 AM

2) 12:15 PM Reaching at 13:45 PM

3) 21:00 PM Reaching at 22:30 PM

4) 22:30 PM reaching at 23:59 PM

Please check again just in case the timetable changes.

Blue Mountains...
Level Contributor
48 posts
10 reviews
10. Re: Transport to Vina del Mar

Does the LAN transport work in reverse? I need to catch a LAN flight from Santiago to Lima after staying in Vina del Mar in February. Thanks.

Get answers to your questions about Vina del Mar