We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turbus to San Pedro de Atacama

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Turbus to San Pedro de Atacama

I hope someone can help. I am looking to book online for an overnight bus trip from Arica to San Pedro de Atacama in September.

Turbus appears to be the only company that goes all the way through to SPA. Is that correct?

I have some trepidation in booking online on a site that is in Spanish, when I only speak English. I know Google translate is fabulous but sometimes the translation is rather confusing.

Can any one tell me if there is anything i should look out for on the site when booking and if they provide e-tickets. When i was translating one section I got the impression that ticket needed to be picked up.

Thanks

Santiago, Chile
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turbus to San Pedro de Atacama

hello,,,tur bus have several schedules,,,,the hight quality overnight bus is CHP 15.600 ( USD 25),,,,,departs at 22.01 and arrive at 6.55 am....you can buy online by credit card,,,best regards,,,arturo

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turbus to San Pedro de Atacama

Note that there are different qualities of seat which will be reflected in the price.On overnight buses you want one of the top 2. With Turbus that should be Premium and Salon Cama. I am not sure if they have Premium on that route but should have Salon Cama. You usually get a reservation number and pick up your ticket at the bus station.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turbus to San Pedro de Atacama

Hi Arturo U are you saying that of the two overnight buses that leave Arica, 21:45 and 22:01 that the 22:01 is the better quality service?

I had thought to go for the earlier one so we are hanging around 45 minutes less.

The earlier bus according to their website arrives in San Pedro at 08:00. Is your arrival time for San Pedro or Calama?

Dancing Molly, there doesn't appear to be a premium option but there is definitely saloon cama. That the one I was going to book. Hopefully we will get some sleep!

It looks like I pick up the tickets from the bus depot before departure or perhaps when we arrive in Arica.

Thanks for information.

4. Re: Turbus to San Pedro de Atacama

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2018, 18:19
Get answers to your questions about Arica