We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

colectivo in arica

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
249 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
colectivo in arica

I'll be in arica in about 7 days and will be arriving at the bus terminalaround 6 or 7 in the morning. I don't really have time to spend the night there and was wondering how I organize a colectivo when I arrive so that I can get to tacna, Peru.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
11,438 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: colectivo in arica

If you are arriving after traveling within Chile you finish at the domestic bus station. The international one is there right near it. There will be a lot of drivers milling around trying to get customers, but don't pay any attention to them. You want to find where the colectivos park outside and find one with some people in it. They only go when full: five passengers plus driver. If you want a bit more room you can pay 2 seats and sit up front with just the driver. The driver collects people's documents and shuffles you all through customs. There is no charge for entering Perú. You end up at the bus station in Tacna. There are both Chilean and Peruvian colectivos and people tend to gravitate toward one from their country but it doesn't really make any difference. I'm trying to remember any other details but it has been a while.

Remember that there is a time difference between Chile and Perú.

2. Re: colectivo in arica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2015, 01:16
Get answers to your questions about Arica