We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arica airport to tacna

Orange County...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Arica airport to tacna

hello everyone,

Just posting for people's information. I just recently flew from Santiago airport to Arica via skyline chile. I chose this path due to the 4 hrs on a plane compared to the 14hrs plus on a bus. When we reached Arica airport we got a taxi to drive both my wife and I to tacna for 35,000 Chilean pesos for both of us. There is no cambis. And taxis are very new Hyundai's. We reached the border within 15 min and the taxi helped us with the crossing. Overall very smooth transition. Hope this helps anyone.

Mentioned in this post
Santiago
Santiago
Santiago Metropolitan Region, Chile
Arica
Arica
Arica and Parinacota Region, Chile
Orange County...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arica airport to tacna

Oh I forgot to mention. Skyline chile is horrible. New planes but no leg space. I felt cramped and I'm only 5"6. I would suggest lan or another airlines. The plane was full to maximum capacity.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
11,286 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arica airport to tacna

That would have been 30 hours on a bus from Santiago. Planes to the north are usually full.

Mentioned in this post
Santiago
Santiago
Santiago Metropolitan Region, Chile
3. Re: Arica airport to tacna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2015, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about Arica