We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Hong Kong airport to Shenzhen

Brisbane
Level Contributor
29 posts
9 reviews
Transportation from Hong Kong airport to Shenzhen

Hi

I am arriving in a group of 3 at Hong kong airport on October 19 and need a reasonably priced but efficient way to get to the Shangri La hotel in Shenzhen. Can anybody help please?

Thanks

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai Region, Shenzhen, Bangkok
Level Contributor
7,979 posts
109 reviews
1. Re: Transportation from Hong Kong airport to Shenzhen

Which Shangri La hotel? The one in Luohu or in Futian?

Arrival time?

Couple of options:

To Luohu:

Airport bus A43 to Sheung Shui station, one stop by MTR to Lowu, pass the border, walk straight out and towards Shangri La hotel.

To Futian:

Skylimo shared mini van service to Huanggang border. Taxi to Futian Shangri La or Skylimo ticket to Futian Shangri La (need to wait for another minivan after the border).

Other options available.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
29 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Transportation from Hong Kong airport to Shenzhen

Thanks very much for your helpful reply. Its the Futian Shangri La. Arriving at HK airport at 7.00pm at night HK time, Where do you book the skylimo and do you have to change cars? Thanks again

Edited: 28 September 2014, 06:01
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,979 posts
109 reviews
3. Re: Transportation from Hong Kong airport to Shenzhen

Good choice. The much better Shangri La.

After you passed immigration, picket up luggage and passed customs, watch out for the signs saying "mainland transportation". It is not far, a hall with some counters. Tell them you would like to go by Skylimo to Futian(!) Shangri La. Ask them if they go through Huanggang port/border. If they say no, go to the other counter and ask to go through Huanggang. Via Shenzhen Wan is possible as well, but much longer.

Yes, you have to change the car after China immigration. The first car brings you through the HK border in the car and drops you in front of the China border. After passing the China border, somebody will wait for you. They will attach a sticker to your shirt. it will be easy to identify you. There might be some waiting time. Taxi from the border might be quicker, but the minivan easier for you.

For the way back, you can order the minivan from the hotel or just take a taxi to Huanggang border and approach the Skylimo counter after(!!!) the border. All offers before the border will involve more time.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
29 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Transportation from Hong Kong airport to Shenzhen

Thank you very much for the detailed and very helpful reply

Los Angeles...
1 post
5. Re: Transportation from Hong Kong airport to Shenzhen

Hi. I have no helpful information, but I will be visiting Nov 11 and will also fly into Hong Kong...if you don't mind, can you update with what you found to be easiest for you? I will be in Hong Kong for 4 days first, however I will travel to Shenzen after. Thank you.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,979 posts
109 reviews
6. Re: Transportation from Hong Kong airport to Shenzhen

Blissbourne, it seem to be a different scenario as you will travel from HK to SZ and not from HK airport to SZ.

Read other threads in this forum. It is a common question.

Depends from where in HK you go and to where in SZ.

Basically you can take MTR, bus or taxi to the borders of Shenzhen.

Jurong, Singapore
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: Transportation from Hong Kong airport to Shenzhen

hi cookies is there a transport or ferry from hk airport also , coz i m will be going to macau on the next day on the 19/10. Maybe i will try to book a hotel near the airport so that morning i will not be rushing to macau. pls advised. We are 5 adults.thks

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,979 posts
109 reviews
8. Re: Transportation from Hong Kong airport to Shenzhen

HK airport to Macau? Yes, there is a ferry, but you cannot leave the airport to make use of it. It is only for direct transit. Better book a hotel in HK city. It is not far away. 24 minutes by airport express and you can take a ferry from HK to Macau the next morning.

1 post
9. Re: Transportation from Hong Kong airport to Shenzhen

Hi My wife and I frequently travel to Shenzhen from Australia We have a home in China (Shenzhen) If you are not in a rush we find it easy ton use the MTR all the way from the airport to LoWu

1. Airport express into Hong Kong station

2.Take the RED line to Prince Edward station

3. Take the GREEN line to Kowloon Tong

4. Take the BLUE line to LoWu

It may sound like a lot of changes but the subway system is ultra efficient and all the routes are colour coded We are in China now and will monitor posts if you need any help whilst here

Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
19,870 posts
4 reviews
10. Re: Transportation from Hong Kong airport to Shenzhen

#9 is a very inefficient way to reach Shenzhen. I would take the airport bus A43 to Sheung Shui MTR Station, then the metro/train for 1 stop to Lo Wu.

Or take the bus directly from HKIA to Huanggang (every 30 minutes). Cross the border there into Shenzhen.