We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deep Blue or Monasterio?

Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Deep Blue or Monasterio?

Hello,

I would like to have some feedback on hotel/house rental options in Providencia. I am planning a week long stay with my wife to celebrate our anniversary. We want a place that is close to the sea (doesn't have to be right next to sandy beaches), with nice, romantic, clean and private accomodations, a pool, and great food and drinks available

So far, I have seen two options that look great. Deep Blue- a nice small hotel but with less privacy - and Monasterio del Viento - a house rental right next to Deep Blue with a great view, nice pool but very expensive for a stay of only two persons. Both seem to offer great food and drinks although the house rental option sounds better because of the chance to have local food and drinks cooked in our own house.

Can anyone think of an alternative to these two places? Thanks!!

Green Bay WI
Level Contributor
12 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Deep Blue or Monasterio?

We just returned from 10 days at Deep Blue

Can't say enough good things about it

Our room was clean with a comfortable bed our little private pool was perfect. It was 118 stairs up to our room but the privacy and view was perfect Food was always enjoyable and service top notch We fell in love with the employees. Will return someday If u are looking at the house next store it was right close to the road and the back deck was a bit scared looking

2. Re: Deep Blue or Monasterio?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2017, 17:00
Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,792 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Deep Blue or Monasterio?

We just returned. You are describing Deep Blue. We did not like our original accommodations that we booked, and I went in search of something else. I stopped in and looked at rooms of many lodging spots. Deep Blue was booked solid for almost four months out - make that reservation soon! We ended up dining for dinner and lunch there - the food was top-notch!

My qualms with staying there are ... you are in a very secluded area. It is windy. It faces east - no sunsets. Other than that, everything was of a level not seen anywhere else on the island.

4. Re: Deep Blue or Monasterio?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2017, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Providencia Island
More Providencia Island Topics