We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thanksgiving dinner at harrahs

ny
Level Contributor
667 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
thanksgiving dinner at harrahs

just wanted to know if anybody out there went to harrahs last year for turkey dinner and if the lines were long. planning on doing the buffet. i am not diamond this year, so i can't cut the line.

any suggestions, advice?

melissa

New York, NY
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
5,849 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: thanksgiving dinner at harrahs

yes, the line will be long... very long.

lines will probably be like saturday night at 7 PM, with about 25% more people. the best advice i could offer would be to go late mid-afternoon, like 4 PM or so. but, honestly, there's probably going to be a fairly long line no matter when you go.

Callicoon/Brooklyn...
Level Contributor
5,373 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: thanksgiving dinner at harrahs

I've never been to Harrahs at Thanksgiving time, but we go to Caesars every year for Thanksgiving dinner.

We usually make reservations for dinner at Nero's and think its the best way to go. At least you don't have to deal with long lines and you're assured that you have a table. Who wants to fight it out for food on Thanksgiving day?

I would try booking reservations at The Steakhouse, but they might be all booked up by now.

Bill

Stafford, VA
Level Contributor
3,077 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: thanksgiving dinner at harrahs

I would expect even longer lines this year since diamond get 50% off all dining on Thursdays when they use their reward credits. I called about 5 days ago and got reservations at the steakhouse at Harrahs for Thursday, party of 6 for 630. They offered me 6,630,7, 730 so there may still be dome availability.

4. Re: thanksgiving dinner at harrahs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2011, 00:17