We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tapas/finger foods and drinks?

East Rockaway, NY
Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tapas/finger foods and drinks?

Hi- Looking for the best place for 5 women to go for tapas/finger foods and drinks/beers. We are staying at Trump Plaza and don't want to travel far. Best bets- Trop, Caesar's, Bally's, or Trump. Just want to hang out, chat and drink.

Thanks!

ny
Level Contributor
1,909 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tapas/finger foods and drinks?

izakaya at borgata, you can check out their menu at www.theborgata.com under fine dining

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tapas/finger foods and drinks?

The Continental at Caesars Pier comes to mind as a good place for you close walk, serves tapas, its a fun place, and has a nice drink selection. Kobe Sliders are pretty tasty as are the French Onion Soup Dumplings.

http://www.continentalac.com/

Edited: 29 May 2012, 17:31
Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
14,932 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tapas/finger foods and drinks?

Grab a bar table at Palm. Try for a window seat as there is a jitney stop & cab stand right out front and it gives you plenty for people watching

They also have HH 6~days a week http://www.thepalm.com/PrimeTime

Cherry Hill, New...
Level Contributor
564 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tapas/finger foods and drinks?

I know you said that you didn't want to travel far, but I'll go ahead and throw out Amada at the Revel down by Showboat on the North end of the Boardwalk. It may be pricier than that for which you are looking, however. I would second the suggestion of Izakaya if you are willing to travel to Borgata, but I'm doubting that is on your agenda if you are intending to stay close to the Trump Plaza area. Also, if you are in AC on a Wednesday, Forneletto @ Borgata has a "Wine Down Wednesday" special deal with tasting dishes etc. For a lower cost alternative (and just off the Boardwalk) I would say that the Irish Pub meets your requirements for good finger foods and drinks, but that may be too far, as well--and depends on whether or not you are into the pub vibe. Continental sounds like an excellent choice, as well per JimK1000, and the Palm Happy Hour and bar specials have generally been quite highly recommended. If you are set on staying near Trump Plaza for sure, then Palm or Continental are great options. If you are willing to go a little farther down the Boardwalk, then you may like the Irish Pub or Amada @ Revel. And if you are willing to travel all the way over to the Marina area and Borgata, I wouldn't think you could go wrong with a place like Izakaya. Finally, I feel that I should mention that if you have a nice day, it is tough to beat the atmosphere on the deck at Golden Nugget. You can watch the yachts roll in, and kick back with some booze and finger foods--something to consider. Happy trip!

new york
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
8,687 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tapas/finger foods and drinks?

If you “Just want to hang out, chat and drink” the Plaza beach bar just across the Boardwalk will be great if the weather is OK. And not “to travel far” Harry’s Oyster Bar, just a short stroll up the Boardwalk at Bally’s would also be a nice choice.

Enjoy

Newark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
197 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tapas/finger foods and drinks?

I second jimk1000 with The Continental on the Pier. Great food to share and it's right next to Trump Plaza. Get the Cheesesteak Eggrolls, bite-sized Buffalo Chicken Meatballs and BBQ Chicken Quesadilla. AMAZING

East Rockaway, NY
Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tapas/finger foods and drinks?

Thanks to all- I think The Continental is exactly what we are looking for!!

Next time I am at the Borgota I am going to try Izakaya.

Thanks again!

8. Re: Tapas/finger foods and drinks?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 12:17