We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DC to Atlantic City

Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
DC to Atlantic City

Anyone know if I will have any issues getting gas when driving to AC from the Washington, DC area in the next week or so? The route would basically be 95N to 76W to the AC Expressway (starting in DC, passing by Baltimore and Philly, and driving east to AC).

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
241 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: DC to Atlantic City

Theres no gas shortage in Baltimore, Philly or NJ untill you start to get more South in NJ.

You should be fine

Moorestown, New...
Level Contributor
2,567 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DC to Atlantic City

I think that since you will be mostly driving the interstates you will be fine. There is no gas rationing in the Southern parts of N.J. The A.C. expressway gas stations are open for business.

Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,323 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DC to Atlantic City

I live in Atlantic City. ZERO problems with gasoline here. It's exactly like any other day or week in terms of buying gas. We never had that problem here like they do up further north.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
755 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DC to Atlantic City

I drove up to AC from Downtown DC Tuesday and came back Thursday. There was absolutely no problem getting gas at any point along my trip. Every single gas station I passed was open with cars filling up and no lines. Furthermore you can start with a full tank in DC, and then fill up in northern MD or DE. Almost every car would be able to make it up to AC and back to DC on one tank of gas from the fill up point.

Old Bridge, New...
Level Contributor
807 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DC to Atlantic City

I live in central NJ< right smack dab where there were major shortages. But for the last 2 days, I haven't seen one line, nor have I seen one closed gas station. I wouldnt be surprised if the odd/even rationing is lifted very soon. There is no problem at all to get gas.

Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: DC to Atlantic City

Thanks everyone! I thought the gas situation would be ok but wanted to double check. Glad to hear things are getting better.

7. Re: DC to Atlantic City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2013, 05:18