We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far is Petra from Sharm?

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,720 posts
212 reviews
Save Topic
How far is Petra from Sharm?

At the end of April I will be in Sharm and I do not want to miss the oportunity to visit Petra. How much time I will spend between Sharm and Petra by boat and bus?

How much time I will spend at the site? Did someone use Sharm Solutions to get there?

Thank you!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,123 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far is Petra from Sharm?

Hi,

Have a look at this link:

bestadventures.com.au/web/…me2.html

It's a long trip by bus / ferry (have only done it by plane & that was also a very long day!)

You'll have to get up very early & be back really quite late. It's an amazing place though.

There are many, many tour operators who do this trip; why not wait till you're there to book?

Regards

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,720 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far is Petra from Sharm?

I have been to Cairo by bus. I left at midnight and I returned at midnight next day. Is it longer than this journey?

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cairo, Egypt, Nile River Valley, Luxor
Level Contributor
8,062 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far is Petra from Sharm?

I did the trip in 2009 and was picked up at my hotel at 4.30am. The flight was at 6.20am and I arrived in Aqaba at about 7.05 am. We then took a bus to Petra arrived about 10.15am and set off walking, it takes about an hour to walk in to the site via the Siq. We had about 3 and a half hours in total (which included the walk in and out) had lunch about 2 - 3pm at the Petra marriott and then took a bus back to Aqaba for 6pm flight to Sharm, I arrived back at my hotel in Sharm just after 8pm after dropping everyone else off at their hotels.

Wadena, Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
21 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How far is Petra from Sharm?

We left Sharm @4a.m by car and drove to the Israeli border. Crossed it took a bus to Jordan then by car to Petra. Spent about 4 hours at the site with a guide ,had lunch down there then repeated the whole process. We arrived back at Sharm about 8:30. It was a long tiring day but should not be missed.

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,720 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How far is Petra from Sharm?

Thank you very much. Now you made my mind clear.

6. Re: How far is Petra from Sharm?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2012, 11:05
Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
9,975 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How far is Petra from Sharm?

Hi

I did the same trip as Nefetari, absolutely super, unfortunately I don't believe the plane trip is an option now, it has to be either by road or road/ferry. However, it will be a lot cheaper than by plane!

Regards

barbarah

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,720 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How far is Petra from Sharm?

Thank you very much for your replies. I have already booked the trip. I will leave very early on Sunday at 1.00 am.

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: How far is Petra from Sharm?

Hi, could I ask, how much such trip cost approximately and what is the best way to book it?

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: How far is Petra from Sharm?

Hi, could I ask, how much such trip cost approximately and what is the best way to book it?

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh