We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in SavuSavu in December/January

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Weather in SavuSavu in December/January

Hello everyone,

My boyfriend and I are travelling to SavuSavu, Fiji for the first time in late December to about the second week of January. I have heard that it may rain quite a bit during this time, but was wondering if any of you could possibly give some personal insight? We are going to during this time because we will be on our winter break from college and would like to celebrate our anniversary in Fiji( which is in January). Do any of you know if it'll be too rainy to enjoy any outdoor activities? Are flash flood warnings pretty usual during this time? Any advise at all for this trip would be greatly appreciated!

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
10,126 posts
146 reviews
1. Re: Weather in SavuSavu in December/January

Unfortunately no one can predict the weather. It is the wet season. Vanua Levu does get high rainfall so you can expect at least a daily shower.

Fiji
7 posts
2. Re: Weather in SavuSavu in December/January

Don't worry about rain in Dec/Jan, it will not interfere with your activities. The rain tends to be late afternoon by which time you'll have had a great day.

No flash floods.

Have fun.

3. Re: Weather in SavuSavu in December/January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2018, 15:18
Get answers to your questions about Savusavu