We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying to Jean-Michel Cousteau from Sydney

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Flying to Jean-Michel Cousteau from Sydney

Hi. We are looking at having a holiday at Jean-Michel Cousteau in June this year, but I am having trouble trying to figure out the flights. Does anybody know if it's possible to get there in one day from Sydney? All the flights that I seem to be able to find suggest you need to stay overnight in Nadi. It's also a lot more expensive to fly there than I originally thought - I always thought flying to Fiji was cheap! Thanks for any advice!

Mentioned in this post
Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort Fiji
Jean-Michel Cousteau...
395 Reviews
Savusavu, Fiji
Sydney
Sydney
New South Wales, Australia
Nadi
Nadi
Viti Levu, Fiji
Fiji
Fiji
South Pacific
Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,695 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying to Jean-Michel Cousteau from Sydney

If you fly with Jetstar or Virgin you will arrive early afternoon and maybe be able to get a flight that day to SavuSavu. You should be able to get a timetable off the internet for the Nadi/SavuSavu leg of the trip. Otherwise it will be an ovenight sty in Nadi, Raffles Gateway would be the best option directly across the road from the airport but I'm sure you will get a flight same day if you catch one of the early flights from Sydney.

Mentioned in this post
Savusavu
Savusavu
Vanua Levu, Fiji
Nadi
Nadi
Viti Levu, Fiji
Sydney
Sydney
New South Wales, Australia
Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying to Jean-Michel Cousteau from Sydney

Hi

Your domestic flight to Savusavu from Nadi, can be booked online-

www.airpacific.com Fares are in FJD inclusive of taxes.

You have time to get a good international fare to Nadi by booking online with jetstar or virgin

Mentioned in this post
Savusavu
Savusavu
Vanua Levu, Fiji
Nadi
Nadi
Viti Levu, Fiji
Hamilton New Zealand
Level Contributor
92 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying to Jean-Michel Cousteau from Sydney

Hi. We are travelling end of July from Auckland 7.15am with Air NZ and transfering to Air Pacific, for Savusavu, at approx 3pm sameday. (Watch your luggage allowances tho, Air NZ 25kgs,Auck to Nadi, but Air Pacific 15kgs only, if transfering from another airline at Nadi) Nadi to Savusavu is $290.00nz return.

Took bit of a juggle and time on internet to arrange, as we too didn't want to stay overnight in Nadi, as most of Air Pacific Flights require that you do, but if we had to stay overnight, we were going to stay at Blue Water Lodge, excellent reviews and like a luxury backpackers with separate rooms!

Can'twait!

Mentioned in this post
Savusavu
Savusavu
Vanua Levu, Fiji
Nadi
Nadi
Viti Levu, Fiji
Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying to Jean-Michel Cousteau from Sydney

Hi Bronze, you will love Blue Water Lodge. I know you come from New Zealand but try their lamb shanks, they are to die for..

Sydney
Level Contributor
488 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying to Jean-Michel Cousteau from Sydney

Ditto -- highly recommend their lamb shanks :-)

6. Re: Flying to Jean-Michel Cousteau from Sydney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 18:15
Get answers to your questions about Savusavu
;