We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how much do we tip for a resort stay of 8 days?

New York City, New...
3 posts
1 review
how much do we tip for a resort stay of 8 days?

my husband and I are winding down an 8 night stay at the luxury villa known as emaho sekawa. we have had 8 to 10 people waiting on us hand and foot and were wondering what would be an appropriate communal tip to leave? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tea Gardens...
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
40 reviews
1. Re: how much do we tip for a resort stay of 8 days?

Unlike the U.S.A there is no compulsion to tip in Fiji. If you are pleased with the service you have received

tip whatever you see fit.There is no set percentage.

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
6,024 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: how much do we tip for a resort stay of 8 days?

We donate between 300 and 400FD for a weeks stay to the resorts Christmas fund. The money collected during the year is then divided equally between all the staff. You can give more or less depending on your budget and service received.

Swan Hill, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
651 reviews
3. Re: how much do we tip for a resort stay of 8 days?

We were actually told they dont encourage tipping, so we never did. We gave donations to villages before leaving though.

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
6,024 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: how much do we tip for a resort stay of 8 days?

malleegirl,

Guess I should have clarified. Fiji is a communal society. Tipping individuals is discouraged, which is why most resorts have a Christmas fund, guests can contribute. As I said the money is divided between all the staff. We also bring gifts and also donate money to the villages we have visited.

The following link has additional information on tipping in Fiji.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294331-s606/Fiji:Tip…

5. Re: how much do we tip for a resort stay of 8 days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2014, 08:15
Get answers to your questions about Savusavu