We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

namale resort

Which Savusavu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Manitoba...
3 posts
Save Topic
namale resort

we are heading to Fiji next weekend and was wondering if I need to exchange money before we leave. Do they accept american money? I was told we are only allowed 40lb per person for luggage on the flight from nadi to savusavu. I'm thinking to leave high heels at home. Is the dining at Namale formal or casual? I would appreciate any comments. oh one other thing do I need to take water shoes?

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,398 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: namale resort

We exchange USD at the Western Union exchange booth near the baggage claim area in the airport at Nadi. Find we get a better rate than at LAX.

Haven't been to Namale, but have been to other resorts. Dinner attire was sun dresses, skirts, nice top, or capris. Leave the high heals home. You will spend most of your time in sandals or going barefoot. If your are planning on doing any hiking, would take tennis shoes. As for water shoes, we take dive boots. Sometimes we use them, sometime we don't.

Have flown from Pacific Sun from Nadi to Taveuni several times. Luggage weights are strictly adhered to. Be prepared to pay extra should you be over the weight allowance.

The plane is a twin engine otter seating about 16 people. The views of the islands and water is breathtaking, but can be an experience depending on the weather. The flight is often late departing Nadi and returning. If the flight is full, there is a chance all your luggage will not make the flight with you. Happened to us two out of four flights. The rest of our luggage arrived on a later flight the same day. Recommend packing your swimsuits, and a change of clothes or two in your carry on bags.

Coming from Canada, you will need an adapter for charging camera, laptop batteries, etc. The following link has other suggestions of what to take with you.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294331-c134773/Fiji:…

Hope this helps. Am sure you will have an amazing time at Namale.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,753 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: namale resort

Forget the heels, just smart casual for evenings and casual during the day. Most people tend to over pack but you really don't need a lot of clothes, mix and match,. sarongs and shorts and t shirts for day and nice sarong or sundress for evening.

3. Re: namale resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Savusavu
Recent Conversations